Honored Contributor

For those of you that watch Southern Charm

Here are some pictures of the inside of Patricia's (Whiteny's mom's home). There are also some of an estate the family once owned in New York and an apartment in New York. There are quite a few pictures here, but if you watch the show it's interesting to take a look into their home and see how they really live. Let me know what you think.

http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/2014/05/before-charming-southpart-two.html

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For those of you that watch Southern Charm

I seem to recall reading here (and elsewhere) that people really like Patricia but I can't stomach this woman with her smug, "I'm better than you" attitude. Even her son gives me the heebie jeebies...there's just a strange vibe to him.

All the others in their various states of wealth appear to be more common and down to earth.

If I get time later, I'll take a look at these pictures. I've seen pictures of the interior of her house on Bravo's web site but I can't say that I'm a fan of her tastes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Hi shop. I didn't realize that people here like her, but I've read that she's very popular on other websites. Personally, I can't stand her, so I'm glad I found someone else that doesn't like her too! She seems so mean regarding Kathryn and snobby in general. Kathryn is so young. I don't understand such hatered or strong emotion toward someone that age. Even if the young woman is chasing after Thomas and his money it's really none of her concern. I realize it's just a tv show but I don't like the things she says. I really don't find them funny.

Her taste in decor isn't something I'd personally want but I do find her homes impressive.

Trusted Contributor

Hi colliemom3 - Thanks very much for the link to the pictures. I enjoyed seeing them, especially the black and white photo of the slave home which was still around in the 1930's. I am a big fan of U.S. history and found the photos and architecture very interesting.

I agree that Patricia is seems pretty awful. She and Whitney have the same air of superiority, sense of entitlement, and lack of empathy for others.

Honored Contributor

Hi Karena. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for saying what I wanted to say about Patricia and Whiteny. You put it very well. I don't know how to spell his name lol. There is definitely some beautiful architecture in the Charleston area. I visited there briefly years ago. It was very hot, but a pretty place.

Honored Contributor

Hi colliemom, I tried to watch this show last season, but didn't like it, but am watching this season because I do like it. I do think everyone is hard on Kathryn. I suppose they knew everything about everything at her age. Of course, they were bred and raised on the old school Southern protocol, so they probably are incapable of thinking any other way. I think Patricia thinks of Tom as a son, and doesn't like him being in a relationship with a young girl, as she has said, but at his age, she should be glad he has finally found someone he really cares about, but I see, in thinking about his political career, he notices Kathryn's youth could be a problem.

Kathryn wants to learn, but as she said, is being pushed to the back. She needs a caring mentor to help her along the way, since Tom seems incapable, i.e., "give the baby to the nanny." The baby is beautiful!

I will look at the pictures, but can say right now, that I hate Patricia's blue wallpaper in her bedroom, and all the blue, in fact. Blue is a cool/cold color, and I tend toward warm colors.

Honored Contributor

Hi mousiegirl. Yes Kathryn definitely needs help. The nanny didn't seem very bright either lol. As you said, she needs a real mentor to guide her, and a better nanny... or at least someone that can cook! Just watching them try to put that meal together was driving me crazy! The baby is one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen. I think Kathryn is very pretty and her daughter looks just like her. She's a little doll. Well they certainly make beautiful children. I'll give them that.

I saw T Rav. on Watch What Happens Live recently and he was drunk out of his mind. He shouldn't have been on the air in that condition. Kathryn was in the audience and he said they are together again, but I've read that she's posted pictures of herself with other men on instagram recently. Of course I'm sure Bravo wants people to think they are together or not know their relationship status to make the show more interesting.

I hated the blue room! I'm a warm color girl too. Smile If I had to stay in that room I'd go nuts. It's so busy! We stayed in a very old hotel once that had busy black and white wallpaper. I could barely stand to look at it. The furnishings were beautiful but that wallpaper had to go! I don't know how people stand that kind of stuff. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 shoptilyadropagain said:

I seem to recall reading here (and elsewhere) that people really like Patricia but I can't stomach this woman with her smug, "I'm better than you" attitude. Even her son gives me the heebie jeebies...there's just a strange vibe to him.

All the others in their various states of wealth appear to be more common and down to earth.

If I get time later, I'll take a look at these pictures. I've seen pictures of the interior of her house on Bravo's web site but I can't say that I'm a fan of her tastes.

I agree, Whitney does seem odd. But what I find even more odd is that hair cut he had last season. I didn't watch last year, but am into it this season and so I've been catching up on reruns. He must have found a better stylist because he does look better this season. Last season he had kind of a layered "bump it" look about him. Really, really weird. In some shots, he looked as if he had teased it up in the back, crown area. Yuck. Not a good look on a man.

Now that I know who Thomas is, I wish I would have paid more attention when he was on What What Happens Live. I had no idea who he was at the time. Maybe I'll catch a rerun in the future.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 colliemom3 said:

Hi Karena. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for saying what I wanted to say about Patricia and Whiteny. You put it very well. I don't know how to spell his name lol. There is definitely some beautiful architecture in the Charleston area. I visited there briefly years ago. It was very hot, but a pretty place.

Hi colliemom3 - Thanks for note! I'd love to keep discussing SC with you!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} That's cool that you got to visit. I imagine the heat can be unbearable.

Hi Shaunac - Whitney teases his hair because he thinks he's a rock star. LOL I love how Kathryn said that a 47-year old in music group is a strange kind of mid-life crisis. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

I just went to look at all the pictures. I still don't care for her taste(s). I prefer much simpler patterns and A LOT LESS of them in each room. I'd have a headache after awhile. Actually, my eyes were twitching just looking at the pictures.

I'm also a warm color person but blue is my favorite color. I liked the shade of blue.....but not not all the patterns of it EVERYWHERE in the master bedroom. Green is probably my least favorite color but that blogger made me fall in love with those "Acid Green" walls (in one of the drawing rooms, I think it was).

I also thought it was strange that the main entrance was a small door on the side of the house and that there is no back yard and the pool is in the front yard.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown