Honored Contributor

For those getting Covid vaccines

The doctor on Good Morning America, Dr. Ashton, suggested taking a picture of your completed vaccination card.  I got my 2nd shot this morning and took a picture of my card.  I also plan on doing a copy on our printer.  No way do we need to misplace this card.  

And also, do NOT post a picture of your card on social media.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: For those getting Covid vaccines

Good advice. I take photos of my receipt when I get my flu shot. Also take photos of my luggage before I go on a cruise, clothing and other items donated. Instead of scanning an item into my computer, I now take a photo of it w/my phone and email the photo to myself. 

Super Contributor

Thank you, @gidgetgh & @cindyNC, great ideas that I wouldn't have thought of!

Super Contributor

When I got my first shot, the nurse told me to take a picture of my card right when she gave it to me. I guess they know some people will lose it before they even get back to their car! Woman LOL

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh good advice, have not gotten mine yet so was unaware they gave you any proof- another piece of advice do not take any fever reducers 24 hours before the injection as this reduces the effect- that includes advil and etc and tylenol- you can take it after the injection if you need it for fever or aches

Esteemed Contributor

No cards given at my medical center ... however, I can and did access my information on MyChart.   

Honored Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@gidgetgh good advice, have not gotten mine yet so was unaware they gave you any proof- another piece of advice do not take any fever reducers 24 hours before the injection as this reduces the effect- that includes advil and etc and tylenol- you can take it after the injection if you need it for fever or aches

@arizona babe  they give you a card with your name and birth date on it and they place a very small sticker on it showing which vaccine you got, the lot number and the expiration date.  This morning, they added a 2nd sticker to the card.  The card is a little smaller than a postcard.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Gidget - Thanks so much for that valuable info.  I'm not getting the vaccine any time soon, I'm sure, but it's stuff that's really good to know and I wouldn't have.

Here, I guess you have to be 70.  My husband is 69 until August but he told me yesterday that his office has put in for essential workers - something or other - so maybe he can get it sooner.

I really wish he had already because, although he does wear his mask (not as well as I'd like), he's not that great with distancing.

I'm only 66 (only - yikes!  hehe), so who knows when I would ever get the opportunity.  I don't have a doctor so I guess I'd have to do one of the drug store deals, if it ever gets to the point where I qualify.  Sad, to be honest, as I am also asthmatic and have a immune disorder.    

But he is out and about WAY more than I.   I haven't been anywhere in the last year except to the grocery store (no big supermarket where there are a lot more people) and one trip to the dentist for my cleaning.

But, seriously, thanks again for the valuable info!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My friend who works in a hospital said they told her to make a copy of her 2nd vaccine card then laminate it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

My friend who works in a hospital said they told her to make a copy of her 2nd vaccine card then laminate it.

Ooh, that's a good idea too.  I love to laminate stuff!  Smiley Very Happy  (weird, i know)

Thanks!