Super Contributor

Re: For those getting Covid vaccines

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@caroln242 wrote:

Okay!  So general concensus is,  Medicare card:  okay to carry.  Social Security card:  don't carry.  Got it!  Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I'd do a "thumbs up" emoticon, but we don't have one on this forum!  Smiley Tongue

I have NEVER been asked to show my SS card ever. I have had it for well over 50 years.

Come to think of it, you're right.  I've never had to produce my social security card either, but I have had to give out my number (which I have memorized) to doctor's offices, insurance companies, etc.  So no reason to carry it!

Man plans. God laughs.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.   I learn a lot of good information from these blogs and I hope they never discontinue them.  They are especiallly helpful for people my age who don't get out and around as much as they used to.   I look forward to reading them each day.

Respected Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

When I got my first shot, the nurse told me to take a picture of my card right when she gave it to me. I guess they know some people will lose it before they even get back to their car! Woman LOL

LOL. Believe it or not, that can actually happen.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We aren't going to laminate ours, there is space for 4 notations.  If in the future something needs to be added, it can't be.

I will just put them in the fire proof box with all our other important papers.