Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: For those getting Covid vaccines

@on the bay wrote:

My friend who works in a hospital said they told her to make a copy of her 2nd vaccine card then laminate it.

did that with my medicare card, and keep the original in the safe 

I am going to make a copy once mine is complete as well

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

My friend who works in a hospital said they told her to make a copy of her 2nd vaccine card then laminate it.

did that with my medicare card, and keep the original in the safe 

I am going to make a copy once mine is complete as well

When I first got my Medicare card I was going to laminate it and then somebody said something about not doing it because - I forgot why (sorry about that).

So, what I did was to get these really cool little plastic sleeves (Amazon) so I could just slip it in and if it has to be taken out, it can be.  I think you get 4 or 6 of them in a set for just a few dollars.  It was the perfect size.

Respected Contributor

I already thought that I would make a copy of my vaccine card once completed and take it to my next doctor appt. for my file. 

Honored Contributor

I always carry a picture of my luggage when I travel to show to Skycaps who find and pull it off carousels while I'm in a wheelchair and to make it easy to identify if it gets lost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Maybe someone here can set me straight on the issue of Medicare cards.  I've heard so many conflicting ideas.  Some say "carry your card with you at all times"...  "Don't ever carry your Medicare card"...  "Carry a copy of your card with the last few digits blacked out".  I didn't know which was right, so I carry a copy with some numbers blacked out and keep the original in my safe.  I have no idea if that's right or not!

Same thing with my Social Security care.  I've carried a copy of my Social Security card for years, keeping the original in my safe.  I don't know if that's right either.

I suppose the right thing to do is what makes a person comfortable, but concerning the Medicare card, blacking out the last few digits seems like it defeats the purpose of having one with you in case of an emergency.

The issue is all about stolen numbers and possible fraud, etc.  I don't know...any words of wisdom out there??

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

Ooh, that's a good idea too.  I love to laminate stuff!  Smiley Very Happy  (weird, i know)

Thanks!

Just don't laminate your social security card.  It makes it invalid and you'll have to go to the office and get a new one.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh ~ Many thanks to you for this information!

💉📱💻

Respected Contributor

I took a picture and laminated the card and put it in my passport case 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@caroln242 wrote:

Maybe someone here can set me straight on the issue of Medicare cards.  I've heard so many conflicting ideas.  Some say "carry your card with you at all times"...  "Don't ever carry your Medicare card"...  @caroln242 

Now that Medicare cards no longer have your social security number printed on it, I feel it is safe to 'carry it with you'.   But do not carry your soc. security card (memorize it).

Honored Contributor

@caroln242 

It is my understanding that the information you refer to in your post, was in fact circulated about the previous Medicare card.   

When Medicare issued new cards a few years ago, they were designed and printed differently, with less information, so whatever you are carrying now is deemed to be a safer card.