Esteemed Contributor

Re: For the Bus Driver or the Lady @ the Post Office

It is symbolic.  You might consider thanking someone in your life who makes a difference.

How you choose to, or not, is completely personal.  And the thought police have not yet figured out how to steal my brain.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Just my thoughts.  One would have hoped the Q would have gotten “the memo” that most people find suggestions of giving quite expensive gifts to endless lists of people a joke.  I guess it requires some outsider to offer ideas.  If I were selling a lady’s robe, one might suggest some options besides one’s family.  For instance, you could call a nursing home.  Ask staff if any lady is forgotten during the holidays - or is in need of a robe she cannot afford.  And get the right size to fit this person.  

Honored Contributor

Re: For the Bus Driver or the Lady @ the Post Office of y

Please any of you, IF you give your letter carrier a gift, please video it for us!

Can you just see, say it is a man named Joe, opening the door to postal carrier Joe, who is holding your QVC box and saying "JOE!  You can keep that package!  It's a robe!  It's FOR YOU!"

I want to be able to enjoy the look on Joe's face when you say that!!!!!   Woman LOL  Woman Embarassed

Joe will thank you,hand the box to you and say he can't accept gifts over $20 and RUN back to his truck. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LOL    LOL   Can you imagine the look on the face of the bus driver who received THAT from a kids parent....LOL

@chrystaltree 

And it would make the news as a "harrassment case" for sure....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Just my thoughts.  One would have hoped the Q would have gotten “the memo” that most people find suggestions of giving quite expensive gifts to endless lists of people a joke.  I guess it requires some outsider to offer ideas.  If I were selling a lady’s robe, one might suggest some options besides one’s family.  For instance, you could call a nursing home.  Ask staff if any lady is forgotten during the holidays - or is in need of a robe she cannot afford.  And get the right size to fit this person.  

@PamfromCT 

Yep, thats a good idea.....we do that at our office....we "adopt" a nursing home and those that may be forgotten at holiday time....and in gift suggestions for residents, robes are always on the list....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I got one of those robes for me.  They must have ordered a gazillion of them as they've practically been giving them away for a couple of months.  I must say it's one of the most beautifully packaged items I've ever received.  Mine is still sitting in its box as I can stand the thought of ripping it open.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

Postal Employees are also not allowed to accept gifts.  

Whenever the hosts say things like that I just gloss over it.

@Miss Pepsi - actually, they can. A value of $20 or less. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I'm getting a hat and a muffler for the stop sign at the end of my road.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LOL    LOL   Can you imagine the look on the face of the bus driver who received THAT from a kids parent....LOL

and I think most of these people would prefer a monetary gift or gift card that would be useful 

Honored Contributor

If someone needs to buy something for the bus driver or the P.O. -- how about a box of chocolates.  The other suggestion is too personal for someone your hardly know.

kindness is strength