Respected Contributor

Re: For people with children........question.......

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I am also child free by choice. I think it's wonderful for people to want and have kids, but it was never something I wanted.

If you had kids and regret it, that is a sad thing. If you wanted kids and never had them, that is also a very sad thing. I've never once regretted  not having kids. My life is full to the brim  without them.

Despite what Jacaranda thinks, childless people have just as much voice in this thread as anyone else.

WHAT?! Where and what number post did I write that! Liar!

My apologies. It was Yorkieonmypillow. Just an honest mistake. I am not a liar, so settle yourself down

Gee what a sincere apology. 

Whatever.. It was just a mistake. Now how about we move on, ok?

After you settle yourself down.

Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I would. WE have a great relationship with our son.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

YES I have grey hair because we chose to be parents,  

@CareBears, after reading many of your posts on here, I think you should consider the above "grey hair", your crown. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I would if it was "back then" when I had my children. I would, however, have to think twice  about bringing a child into todays world.

Honored Contributor

Knowing what I know now I would have had more kids! I have two and wish I kept going! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I feel for the person who gives a no answer to this question.  This board would thrust an avalanche of hostility towards them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Rebekah L wrote:

I don't have any kids, I don't want any kids, but I guess my perspective on this would be, do I wish my mom had not had kids? Yeah, I kind of do wish that. Growing up in poverty with a severely mentally ill single parent who alienated all friends & family and had us living out in the middle of nowhere with no one to really reach out to or anywhere to  escape to caused a lot of trauma to my sister and I. At one point we were technically homeless (after our rental home that probably should have been condemned went up in flames) and I had to sneak into a building late at night to take a shower if I was lucky (I was sixteen at the time). I became an emancipated minor through marriage when I was 17, summer before my senior year of high school, continued school, have attempted suicide multiple times, been dealing with anorexia for five years, but mostly holding it together okay I guess. I mean, I'm better off than my mom financially. All in all life just feels like an obstacle that I didn't ask for, I'd rather not have been born. But I guess since I'm here I'll deal with it.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Esteemed Contributor

No question about it. I definitely would have children. How else would I get my grandchildren?

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

No question about it. I definitely would have children. How else would I get my grandchildren?

Grandchildren are a gift, aren't they?   The bond between grandparent and grandchild is amazing.  

I failed to mention in my earlier post that I am a grandmother and I love it.   And although we are far from a perfect family, we do work hard to be civil at the very least, no matter the circumstances.   Our motto is to be kind, no matter what.