Valued Contributor

Re: For our 50th Anniversary party

Gloria Jean--I just want to wish you a very happy anniversary and I hope for many more.

Honored Contributor

""Happy soon to be 50th Gloria and Mr. Gloria!""

Potato Salad

Beans

Rice

Sweet Corn

Cake and pies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Happy 50th Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Gloriajean!

Have it catered or buy the food already prepared!

Respected Contributor

When my daughter graduated I ordered fried chicken, easy. Add a few sides and cake.

Congrats.

Respected Contributor

We hosted a small wedding at our home for friends. There were about 50 guests. I urge you, rent porta potties, as well as tables and chairs.

Congratulations on 50 years!

Super Contributor

{{{Gloriajean and DH}}} Many, many congratulations on your 50th anniversary.

I think catering is a good idea, myself, for that many people.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

My mom and dad were married in August. For their 50th wedding anniversary, August 1997, my mom wanted a party at home.....60 people or so. My sister and I tried to talk her into having it at a restaurant or banquet hall. She insisted on a party at home.

The day of the party.......it was 95 degrees......there was not even a breeze to be had outside......sigh. My sister and I, along with our SIL's cooked and served the whole event......it was so HOT. A/C did absolutely nothing with that amount of people in that kind of heat. My sister, SIL's and I thought we were going to slowly melt thru the floor and end up in a puddle in the basement.....LOL.

At the end of party, my mom said......what was I thinking.....party for 60 people in August.......my dad said.....it will cost us an arm and a leg to fix the bathroom......and that was no lie. They had three bathrooms....but 60 people, that is a lot of people and stress on the bathrooms....sigh.

We all laugh about it now. My dad has since passed.....but my mom, every August.....she starts to sweat bullets just thinking of that hot day of their 50th wedding anniversary...LOL.

Super Contributor

Congratulations on 50 years