Esteemed Contributor

For our 50th Anniversary party

We plan on just having it here at our place, garage, patio, tarp for back yard, to have about 60 people - just family, nephews and nieces, and friends, what have you done or suggest for food? Thinking maybe of roast beef sandwiches, or pulled pork, and our girls will make some other foods - any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: For our 50th Anniversary party

A large pan of lasagna is always popular at large gatherings. I'm sure you will have salads as well. Roast beef and pulled pork are good choices, as they appeal to a wide variety of people. Keep it simple so that you won't have a lot of work to do.

Have lots of fun and happy 50th anniversary!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Sounds good Gloria...Happy 50th!!!.....what a milestone....congrats to your both.

Super Contributor

Grill kabobs! Steak, shrimp, chicken and pork with fresh vegetables

Big salad

Big cake

Margaritas and sangria

Perfect!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds great!!! We will have some boxes of Sangria and other drinks available.

This will be Labor Day Weekend - Aug. 31st. So we'd better start planning. So far what we've got done is having the Mass set with my cousin saying the Mass and giving us a special blessing - and then follows the Dinner over here in our garage!

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Luv2Decorate said:

Grill kabobs! Steak, shrimp, chicken and pork with fresh vegetables

Big salad

Big cake

Margaritas and sangria

Perfect!

This is what we love to do, but use small cupcakes, add fruit bowls and some pulled pork for those that don't like kabobs. Believe it or not, there are some! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I think it's the veggies they don't like.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Personally I would not like to be grilling during a celebration of this type (50 years of marriage, congratulations to you and DH). I would hit Costco for various types of trays, meat and cheese, sandwich trays, shrimp trays, fruit trays, you get the picture LOL. These are so easy and you can relax and enjoy your guests. You will be all dressed up for the Mass and then have to grill? Again, congratulations!!!JMHO.

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Hoovermom said:

Personally I would not like to be grilling during a celebration of this type (50 years of marriage, congratulations to you and DH). I would hit Costco for various types of trays, meat and cheese, sandwich trays, shrimp trays, fruit trays, you get the picture LOL. These are so easy and you can relax and enjoy your guests. You will be all dressed up for the Mass and then have to grill? Again, congratulations!!!JMHO.

That's what the young men are for .... let them do the grilling. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Men love to master the grill.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, my husband does love grilling - but that day I think we'll be too busy with visiting our family, friends and etc to stand by the grill. But he grills all year long in our patio.

Trusted Contributor

No don't fool with a grill.We have large outdoor parties and I stick with things I can keep in Nescos.Your pulled pork is a good idea along with salads and maybe a veggie/pasta crockpot dish,if you have any non meat eaters coming.Trays of raw fruit and veggies with dips.

We like Mexican so I have done taco/burrito bars with crockpots of shredded pork,beef and chicken..beans and rice.with bowls of cheese,onion,tomatoes,salsa etc;

Sounds like fun 50th Celebration.