Honored Contributor

Re: For my fellow Californians

@RetRNwrote:

I'd be more worried about the health hazards of skid row with rats and human waste. A vast sea of broken people and nothing is being done.These tent cities are frightening. 

@RetRN  Why don’t you tell us what state you live in, so we can google for derogatory info...about a small portion of your state that likely has nothing to do with where ever you live? 

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drewwrote:

Earthquakes are the least of our problems. Middle class and upper middle class are leaving. We made the decision to leave in 32 months. We thought we would retire here. Not anymore. California is getting worse by the day. It isn’t trendy to bash California, it is the hard truth of what we let happen to it.

People are choosing to retire here every day.  There is an over 55 community just down the street from me.  This past weekend, they had their highest sale ever.  A two bedroom condo sold for $850,000. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drewwrote:

@septemberwrote:

@Nancy Drewwrote:

Earthquakes are the least of our problems. Middle class and upper middle class are leaving. We made the decision to leave in 32 months. We thought we would retire here. Not anymore. California is getting worse by the day. It isn’t trendy to bash California, it is the hard truth of what we let happen to it.

People are choosing to retire here every day.  There is an over 55 community just down the street from me.  This past weekend, they had their highest sale ever.  A two bedroom condo sold for $850,000. 

Oh there are many affluent bubbles. I know I live in one. The problem is once you leave the bubble. California is no longer for us. I am beyond sad what it has become.

What has it become @Nancy Drew. I really have no idea what you are referring to.

Honored Contributor

I’ve lived in four states as well as Europe. There are affluent areas and less affluent ones, everywhere 

Respected Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

I don’t know what happened to CA that we did.  None of us can control the rise in housing costs and services.  

We can’t stop people coming in to this state and paying enormous amounts for homes.   I have read the same thing is happening in Texas.

What we have done that’s good is make tremendous strides in controlling toxic emissions, fighting to save sea life and keep our shores clean, etc. and we have done better than other states in recycling.

I so admire California for these things and many more.

I don't live there, but I'm a neighbor.

If I had the choice I would live there.

You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful and far-thinking state!

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

@Noel7wrote:

I don’t know what happened to CA that we did.  None of us can control the rise in housing costs and services.  

We can’t stop people coming in to this state and paying enormous amounts for homes.   I have read the same thing is happening in Texas.

What we have done that’s good is make tremendous strides in controlling toxic emissions, fighting to save sea life and keep our shores clean, etc. and we have done better than other states in recycling.

I so admire California for these things and many more.

I don't live there, but I'm a neighbor.

If I had the choice I would live there.

You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful and far-thinking state!

I wish you were here, also @Ms tyrion2. 😀

@Nancy Drew

I just thought of one thing you could mean.  It’s not something we have become, it’s what we have always been. From the time the Spanish built the El Camino and established missions along the way.  

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

well, I am in the crosshairs of san andreas, loma prieta and calavares?  No maps for me.. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drewwrote:

I just have a long list of things that upset me about what California become. What I object to, others applaud. Just a difference of opinion. My main point was I don’t think others are being trendy trashing California, they are just giving their opinion as good or bad California stands out. 

Like rolling ten foot land waves?  Just kidding, you know I like you.  CA has been a target on this board for a long time, more than a decade that I know of. The mention of Hollywood is enough, lol.

@Nancy Drew