Trusted Contributor

Re: For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

....that you have to eat FAST if you want seconds....four younger brothers

Trusted Contributor

Re: For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

That you never back up to sit on the toilet without checking to make sure that seat is down. (3 brothers)

Respected Contributor

I am one of 7!

C0A89CE7-C97E-4806-8934-EF55AE14A85E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Laine,

I was chased by a brother wielding the huge knife our dad used to cut cornstalks.   Thank goodness I ran faster and had a blood curdling scream.  Mom was waiting on him when he came around the corner of the house!

Honored Contributor

One Christmas my older brother was given a printing press. So of course he and my younger brother printed all kinds of things. One was a "Wanted" Poster. It read "wanted dead of alive" and my name and description. 

I hid in my room that afternoon. I was convinced that one of the kids in the neighborhood would be looking for me to get the reward.

I think one of my parents found one of the "Wanted" posters. Because I never saw the printing press again.

Honored Contributor

... that parents are more lenient with the children who come later.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that all four individuals have passed, I realize a sibling is the only one in the world that was there from the beginning and kept your secret from your parents.  Even DH came later on in life.  Never will happen again.

No it was not a bad secret, just a giggle 50 years later.

Esteemed Contributor

That parents save the best for last! Hubby and I are the youngest siblings.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Youngest of five here. Sharing a room with 2 sisters wasn't easy.

Always called the baby of the family, even as a grown-up.

Honored Contributor

....while you may argue and not get along  growing up, you do become very close and appreciate each other more and more as you get older.