Esteemed Contributor

Re: For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

@on the bay  That comparison to my sis was fun. Somehow as kid, I knew this sis who was always using logic (and sometimes manipulation) would be successful some day. She was 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Re: For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

@Susan in California  Curious - what was / is your relationship now with the tattle sis? Mine did the same. I have a good relationship with her and happy to live in the same city, but oh, my, when her kids tell me their mom has control issues - I smile. I remember the constant tattling as well. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake 

Haha--you asked a good question.

My sister lives about 100 miles north of where I live, still here in CA.  We care about each other, but we are very, very different.

We vote differently, we have completely different interests, and different views on almost everything.

We have learned to stay away from subjects that might cause conflict: politics and religion for sure.

But, we are not estranged and we hope the best for each other.

Valued Contributor

.  I am the middle child of 5 siblings. So 7 of us shared one bathroom. We all attended the same Parochial school, thus we all had to be ready for school at the same time. Dad took the LIRR to work everyday. Our bathroom times were scheduled and if you missed your turn you had to wait till everyone else had their turn. We were all late if one of us was ill! But every morning we would hear my dad knocking on the bathroom door yelling " I'm gonna miss my train , get out of the bathroom". I would love to hear that sentence coming from him just one more time!

Respected Contributor

...........what it's like to stand on line!!!  

What a great thread.  You show spark!  I like that!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

that if you get your picture taken, someone stands behind the others and does "rabbit ears" with their fingers, or crosses their eyes or sticks out their tongues at the last minute. Usually, when it's a picture of the new boyfriend and you, till they appear!! LOL

Honored Contributor

Like someone else mentioned, Wally Cleaver was the perfect big brother. I watch LITB every morning and Wally tries to give good advice to the Beav, but that kid was so influenced by his peers. Wally even found a way to be friends with Eddie Haskell even though they were totally opposite.

Respected Contributor

Loved all these contributions! I have LOL'ed reading them!

Valued Contributor

There was no one better to play Barbie’s with. My sister and I would take them absolutely everywhere. We had a carrying case that let you pack several Barbie’s and a boatload of outfits.