Contributor

For fans of MamaWick deer posts

3 years ago we had the incredible experience of having an orphaned fawn adopt our neighborhood.  He spent about 18 months visiting us on a regular basis.  I'm pleased to share some of our photos.

2138F3B4-7415-40D7-9739-BB739C300087.jpeg705907CD-BBE1-40D8-B290-FB064B173490.jpegB175F84E-58DA-4735-9B21-72DDC501A56E.jpeg50167ACD-D0D4-415B-B4F0-4628F7F97F4F.jpeg

Contributor

Re: For fans of MamaWick deer posts

A few more pictures.

3DFDC35F-ECE1-4C1D-B531-556B3C1E0097.jpeg2D9C41F4-3054-4E33-9B92-DDBBA8B0289E.jpeg81628E95-22B8-41D5-9DE8-5DB207B9A6A1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@goldenowner -

What a sweetheart he is!

That would be one of my dreams come true.

But I know I'd worry about him when he stopped visiting and wonder if he was ok out in the wild again.

I've had Canada Geese familys and their babies, that came every morning and "knocked" on our door, and then what I called the teenagers, now grown from the babies come back to say hi,

then a final goodbye from all one year.

And a mallard family that had their babies in a bush near our house and the mama would bring them every morning to the baby bath I made for them, and let me sit with them.

Also a wild frog that came to sit with me every morning and a mockingbird that made sure to come to the tree I was sitting at and swoop near me showing off his handsome wings. I found out that many animals wild and domesticated, birds too, definitely know the sound of your voice, as well as by sight.They know the difference between you and other strangers.

I've had dolphin friends too, one that wouldn't leave me while we were swimming in a wonderful place where they could come and go when they wanted. They do like the interactions with humans, and we with them.

I treasure all these times so much. There are "friends" all around us outside, we can just watch and wait for them and say hiSmiley Happy

@goldenowner -

Thank you so much for these heartwarming pictures of your friend!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@goldenowner 

I grew up in the country and I've never seen these majestic animals be so friendly ...your pics are amazing!  Thanks for sharing these great moments❤️

Honored Contributor

That is just so great,  do you ever see him now?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldenowner 

Thank you for sharing that heartwarming story and wonderful photos! Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Friends of my parents in Durango, Co., had one like that.  One day the husband was puttering in the garage when suddenly this young doe rushed in, being chased by several dogs.  They named her Pam and she never went away.  Everyone in the neighborhood petted and protected her.  During hunting season they put a big red bow around her neck.  I can't remember what happened to her though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

So beautiful and heartwarming.  Thanks for sharing. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

This happened when we lived in Ohio.  As noted, he visited for about 18 months and then we never saw him again.  Of course I worried about him but I can only hope he moved on.

We learned that one of the neighbors bottle fed him at the beginning.  And he visited many neighbors in our cul-de-sac. We searched for many places for him to go for safe keeping as a fawn but no place in Ohio (we were told if we called DNR they would come shoot him) would take him and by the time we thought we had found a place in Michigan, he was too large to be safely transported.  I have wonderful videos of him playing with our golden retriever and videos of him coming into the garage and nudging my husband for a treat. 

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous, and so friendly!  Thank you.