Valued Contributor

For anyone who would like to participate

in  fasting and prayer Friday April 10 for relief from the COVID 19 world wide pandemic. President Russell M. Nelson from our Church has asked all members of our church all over the world and our friends of other faiths throughout the world to fast and pray (if you can health wise) April 10 for:  relief from this global pandemic, that the pandemic may be controlled, caregivers protected, the economy strengthened, life normalized and healing throughout the world.

Fasting consists of skipping 2 meals or fasting for 24 hours (or some may only be able to  fast for 1 meal). Or for health reasons someone may not be able to fast but can join in prayer.

Moderators - hopefully you won't consider this religious under the circumstances, plus, I am not  preaching any religious beliefs or doctrine or scripture. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: For anyone who would like to participate

@cimeranrose wrote:

in  fasting and prayer Friday April 10 for relief from the COVID 19 world wide pandemic. President Russell M. Nelson from our Church has asked all members of our church all over the world and our friends of other faiths throughout the world to fast and pray (if you can health wise) April 10 for:  relief from this global pandemic, that the pandemic may be controlled, caregivers protected, the economy strengthened, life normalized and healing throughout the world.

Fasting consists of skipping 2 meals or fasting for 24 hours (or some may only be able to  fast for 1 meal). Or for health reasons someone may not be able to fast but can join in prayer.

Moderators - hopefully you won't consider this religious under the circumstances, plus, I am not  preaching any religious beliefs or doctrine or scripture. Thank you.

I am grateful for the opportunity to join you @cimeranrose

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

@cimeranrose 

Thank you for sharing...prayer is still allowed under the Guidelines for the Forum...."Wishing or asking someone for “prayers” will be allowed as this is an expression of comfort."

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Very good idea! I posted a similar suggestion a couple weeks ago,  someone  COMPLAINED and it was removed by a moderator. It very clearly says in a book I read daily that if we will humble ourselves and pray, ...our land will be healed...because the One who can do something about all this will hear us. I cannot understand why anyone would be offended by that!. Hydroxychloroquin, zithromax, humbleness and praying =answers!

Honored Contributor

@esther22 wrote:

Very good idea! I posted a similar suggestion a couple weeks ago,  someone  COMPLAINED and it was removed by a moderator. It very clearly says in a book I read daily that if we will humble ourselves and pray, ...our land will be healed...because the One who can do something about all this will hear us. I cannot understand why anyone would be offended by that!. Hydroxychloroquin, zithromax, humbleness and praying =answers!

@esther22 

I didnt see the thread but as long as it didnt involve a "religious discussion" and just mentioned prayer it would be in compliance....This is from the Forum Guidelines and Standards Post---

Controversial Topic Guideline Change

To keep an atmosphere in the community of fairness, discussion of religion will be prohibited as a controversial topic. Wishing or asking someone for “prayers” will be allowed as this is an expression of comfort. Religious or controversial signature lines will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding. 

QVC Community Team

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

With my diabetes and other health history I am never allowed to fast. For any reason.

Honored Contributor

We always fast on Good Friday. Small sacrifice considering what the day represents to Christians. We have one simple meal in the afternoon. No snacks, sweets, or treats. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cimeranrose wrote:

in  fasting and prayer Friday April 10 for relief from the COVID 19 world wide pandemic. President Russell M. Nelson from our Church has asked all members of our church all over the world and our friends of other faiths throughout the world to fast and pray (if you can health wise) April 10 for: 

relief from this global pandemic, that the pandemic may be controlled, caregivers protected, the economy strengthened, life normalized and healing throughout the world.

You are a kind soul.❤️  Yes, I would be grateful and honored to participate.    I will add my hope and prayer that we may find the necessary grace to seek out what light we can and share it with others.
A Jeff Brown quote, from his book Love It Forward, has been a reminder to me when I keep stumbling:

May we always find a sliver of light when we need it most.   May we support each other in shamelessly sharing our inner worlds so that no one suffers alone.    And may we give each other a little bit of our own light when we have some to spare.   Surely there is enough light to go around.”

When all of this is over, one of the things that will really matter is how well we treated each other.   Thank you, @cimeranrose
, for the invitation.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo - one of the most frustrating problems with this present situation is that we can't DO anything because of our age.

Prayer is something that benefits both the actor and the recipient, costs nothing, and lasts longer than all day chewing gum.

And THAT, even while hiding behind our closed doors, WE CAN DO!! 

Respected Contributor

...count me in.