Honored Contributor

For animal lovers -- a happy ending

A beautiful rescue STORY that made my day brighter: (safe link)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: For animal lovers -- a happy ending

@suzyQ3 Jade was such a good mommy at such a young age herself.  I am glad that the entire family was rescued from the streets and got the help they needed.  We have a pet rescue called Second  Chance  Animal Alliance and these places do wonderful work for throw aways.  People in general do not take the responsibility of a commitment for marriage or a pet anymore, sad.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

What an awesome story!

I had tears from the beginning, but by the end, they were totally tears of joy!Heart

Thank you for turning me on to that site, they have many more awesome stories!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

That was beautiful!

I was only able to watch it through because you told us it had a happy ending.  Otherwise, it would have done me in.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza 

Me too, I can watch the heartwarming stories, but not abuse stories.

Without @suzyQ3's warning, I probably would've passed too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

LUCKY DOGS !  😀

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom -  It's crazy, but sometimes I'll make the mistake of getting into one of these stories, feel it in my bones that it is not going to end well, but keep on reading.  I do it to honor the animal; I feel that if they had to suffer it, then the least I can do is read it.  Nutty, right?  So I try to keep away unless I know there will be a happy ending.  Nothing affects me like an animal story - whether happy or sad.

Respected Contributor

In July we rescued a beautiful 2 1/2 -year -old male (neutered) Weimaraner who was surrendered at a local animal shelter.  His former owner (the dog's second owner) was going to shoot the dog.  Her brother convinced her to give the dog up to a shelter.  The dog is a joy.  He is not perfect.  We have to work with him on his barking.  He has had some training and knows a lot of commands.  He is a sweet, loving dog.  We have an older male Weim and for the most part the two dogs are getting along well.  My husband and I both have some time on our hands during this Pandemic, so the rescue was good timing for us and for the dog.  We are happy to have him with us!

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza 

You must be another one of my 'animal soul sisters here', so glad to meet ya'!Heart

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

What a heart warming story .... thank you for sharing!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”