Honored Contributor

Re: For animal lovers -- a happy ending

All stories about animal rescues, animal advocates, those who are out there every day helping all animals have a better life are uplifting and give hope that decency, compassion and kindness exists.  All of these people are heroes in my book of people I respect and admire and am thankful for.

As we have learned, those who abuse animals often transition to doing the same to humans.  

Honored Contributor

FYI: If you see my nic as the OP, be rest assured that I would always give fair warning if the topic was disturbing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

And that's one of the many things we love about you!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@suzyQ3 

And that's one of the many things we love about you!Heart

Gee, thanks. That's very sweet, @KingstonsMom Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

All stories about animal rescues, animal advocates, those who are out there every day helping all animals have a better life are uplifting and give hope that decency, compassion and kindness exists.  All of these people are heroes in my book of people I respect and admire and am thankful for.

As we have learned, those who abuse animals often transition to doing the same to humans.  

@spiderw 

And usually it's the young, old or weak who can easily be overpowered, just like defenseless animals.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

IG,  excellent point and so true!!!!