Valued Contributor

For all you history/Tudor nerds!

I was reading a BBC catalog yesterday and came across an advert for a series called 'In the Shadow of the Tower"; a 10 part series about Henry VII and the establishment of the Tudor dynasty. Naturally, being the big history geek I am I had to run right out to Barnes and Noble and get the whole series, I couldn't wait for Netflix.

The series was produced in the 70s, around the time of Elizabeth R and The Six Wives of Henry VIII. I watched the first two episodes last nite, they were written by Rose Mary Sessions, who wrote for both the other series. I have high hopes for this newly discovered show, it seemed accurate and well done. The dvds came with a booklet outlining the series, interviews with the actors and a write up of the history of the times.The series begins with the defeat of Richard III at Bosworth and the second shows ends with the birth of Arthur

The whole set cost $52., but I had some gift cards AND I know I will re watch this as I peiodically STILL pull our the Glenda Jackson series and that's over 30 years old!