Honored Contributor

Re: For all of you blue gemstone lovers...

@AliJoi5   The actual color of my ring is greener than the picture would have you believe.  Of course it's to her aadvantage to have the stones look as blue as possible since blue stones are favored by more people.  I hope your ring is a nice shade of BLUE.  Mine is also Royston which shows how much stones from the same source can vary in color.

I think large triangular or round stones are very flattering on the hand.  I favor them when I can find them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's another Sheila ring with a nice Royston stone.  This is very lightweight compared to my others, but I like that it's adjustable since my finger size varies wildly.  I can't remember the Smith's name.....Albert Something, I believe.  I'll have to look it up.  He makes a lot of adjustable.  I used to look askance at them but now I find them rather practical.

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Hey @AliJoi5 and all you princesses out there...I bet you don't have one of these.  This is how New Mexico does beauty queens.  This is for the reigning Miss Espanola, a town North of Santa Fe.

The crown was stolen from her home, she went on Facebook and spoke very badly about her minions.  They got miffed and dethroned her.  The crown was found but now they have no queen.  I'd volunteer but I think it's a bit much for the grocery store.  I'd love for you to have one made to wear to work, Ali.  Surely they know about your obsession.

image.jpeg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now that's a crown @Kachina624!!  lol  Yes, I think the bossman would positively love it if I donned that baby into the office on Monday.  PrincessWaving Hand Sign  I don't think he'd be surprised though.  haa

Pretty stone on that adjustable ring too!  And, yeah, I definitely think she is either photographing the stones under blue light or she's adjusting the tint in some sort of photo editor.  Because a few times I've ordered from her and had the color be really off.  And she'll of course say "everyone's monitors are different... blah blah." 

But, I can do ya one better!  This is the ring I received in the mail today.  Does it look ANYTHING like the one I ordered?  No, and there's a very good reason for that.  It's NOT!  She sent me the wrong ring.  And when I wrote her about it this afternoon, she said she no longer has the other one.  SOOO fantastically disappointed!

One I ordered...

One I received (fugly as all get out)...

The funny thing is, it's the same exact measurements and ring size as the one I ordered.  So either something odd was going on there or she simply put the wrong photo in the listing.  Either way, major bummer.  But how did she not notice that when she packaged it up?  I asked her several questions about the ring before purchasing (one of them being whether the stone was a true blue in person, to which she responded in the affirmative).  In any event, I asked her to send me a pre-paid return label so I wouldn't have to cover the cost to ship it back.  Unamused Face

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5.  That's a real downer, Ali.  I can imagine your disappointment.  I would have sent the green packing too...It's very green.  She made a mistake on one of my orders too.  Said it was made by one person but another person's name was in the ring.  I suppose it wasn't a big deal because I liked it but really wanted something by who I thought I'd be getting.  I called and talked to her about that one.  I kept it in the end.

Valued Contributor

It's very brown in person too @Kachina624.  It almost has that torched look to it.  An all around bummer, as you said. 

Yes, I once ordered what I thought was a LaRose Ganadonegro cluster ring from Sheila, but I got it home and saw that it was actually signed by Geneva Apachito.  I like both artists (and they do tend to have similar aesthetics), so it was no biggie.  But wow, she's really balled up over there!  Ah well... still on the hunt for a new and interesting royston ring now...

Enjoy the rest of your w/e and thanks for listening to my mini rant! 

Honored Contributor

That's exactly what happened in me, Ali.  I thought I was getting LaRose and got Geneva instead.  Hmmm, strange coincidence.

Valued Contributor

Hmmm... that is weird, isn't it?  Wow, she's all mixed up.  I may have to pass on her from now on.  I try to really do my homework so I can avoid returns, because it's a hassle for me to ship items back with my work schedule (I like to bring everything to the PO to be sure it's scanned).

And because I was a bit miffed with that mix up, I think I may forget about re-sizing the Piasso lapis ring and return that one too.  The stone is beautiful, but it's a little smaller than I originally wanted (the ring is about 1-1/4" L, but the stone is well under an inch).

I found this one on Chaco Dog.  (Have you ever purchased from Jim? Kind of dry, but straight forward, trustworthy, and his prices are reasonable.)  I would have liked more pyrite, but the color looks great, and it's quite a bit bigger overall (stone is 1-3/16" L & ring is 1-11/16" L).  I also like the longer shape and design better.  It's by Aaron Toadlena, who I have admired but have never collected.

Anyway... hey if you ever come across a nice royston ring (I love the bi-colored stones) in your travels, please give me a hollar my friend!  So grateful I have tomorrow off... thanks Columbus.  Sailboat

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5.  I haven't photographed my lapis ring.  I don't much care for it as the "table" of the ring is flat and that doesn't do anything for the stone.  Eight to ten years ago, I was buying a lot from Je Gems in ,Bangkok.  They had high quality merchandise with beautiful silver work. After the price of silver escalated, their qquality went down and prices skyrocketed.  My ring and matching pendant came from them.  If I wear lapis, I usually reach for a CP ring.

Valued Contributor

Good morning!  Yes, I am familiar with Je Gems.  It's hard not to come across their site when browsing gems and jewels!  They have such a large assortment.  Well, hopefully the lapis ring from Chaco Dog ends up being a better fit for me.  Hey listen, if you like the Piasso lapis ring I posted, you could always grab this one once I return it.  Just a thought, if you were in the market for a non-CP lapis ring.  I always do a lot of research before I purchase to make sure I'm buying the best I can find, and I was surprised how few top quality Afghan lapis pieces there are out there.  Anyway, the ring is currently a size 10-3/4, but Henry Yazzie in AZ can pretty much rework a ring to any size, even if it's 4 sizes up or down, and he only charges like $25.  I wear a size 6.5-7 on my index/middle fingers, and Yazzie said he could rework it no problem.  I'm so incredibly grateful I found him, because now I don't have to pass on a great stone just because it isn't my size. 

But yeah, CP's lapis is as good or better than any out there!