Trusted Contributor

Re: For What Purpose Do You Use Your Echo? NOT AN ELECTRONIC QUESTION

@Noel7 also if you should happen to cuss at her , not saying that I did of course, she is kinda funny.  I won't spoil it for you though in case you try.😜

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

One of my dear students posted this in my honor "hidden from her timeline." This joke is just between us as she used to say this to me many times! 😆

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

It'll be interesting to discover all the things that I'll be able to do with the devices. I'm a diehard Apple user and hope the interfaces work well. I'm about to order one of the smart, dimmable light switches to pair with it. That way, when I'm traveling, I can turn lights on & off at home at different times thru the app. I do have timers on a couple of lights, but there isn't any variation in the on/off time.  I've already given the Amazon Music app permission to access my iTunes library on my mobile devices. I'm on the fence about installing it on my MacBook. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Thank you:

@wishmoon

@Katiek

@FrostyBabe1

I just ordered the white Echo, I so appreciate your help Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Suebdoo wrote:

@Noel7 also if you should happen to cuss at her , not saying that I did of course, she is kinda funny.  I won't spoil it for you though in case you try.😜

I have been known to cuss at inanimate objects @Suebdoo  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Noel7

One of my dear students posted this in my honor "hidden from her timeline." This joke is just between us as she used to say this to me many times! 😆

IMG_1098.JPG

LOL! @LTT1

I had a third grade teacher @LTT1 who was mean, mean, mean.

She had the girls stand in line, wearing our little dresses, while she walked behind us carrying a yardstick, throwing math questions at us.

If we didn't answer immediately and correctly, she slapped us on the back of our naked little lower legs.  From then on, I broke out in a sweat every time someone asked me a math question.  Pavlov's dog, behavioral techniques.

The boys had it easier since they wore long pants.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

It'll be interesting to discover all the things that I'll be able to do with the devices. I'm a diehard Apple user and hope the interfaces work well. I'm about to order one of the smart, dimmable light switches to pair with it. That way, when I'm traveling, I can turn lights on & off at home at different times thru the app. I do have timers on a couple of lights, but there isn't any variation in the on/off time.  I've already given the Amazon Music app permission to access my iTunes library on my mobile devices. I'm on the fence about installing it on my MacBook. 

What a good idea @FrostyBabe1  I never thought about that. I'll look into it, thanks Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Noel7 for creating this thread because I was wondering about the Echo also. The replies have been great so I took the plunge and bought one too. Woman Happy Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Love mine for all of the reasons stated above...I just ordered 3 more as family Christmas gifts . The price is excellent.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Thanks @Noel7 for creating this thread because I was wondering about the Echo also. The replies have been great so I took the plunge and bought one too. Woman Happy Heart

@JaneMarple

Jane!  We can learn together!  My daughter is very tech, I am grateful I have her to help, I wouldn't know where to start.

That price was too good to ignore.  I've been wondering what people do with it and told DH I would ask the QVC ladies, they know everything.  Seriously, you can ask almost anything here and someone knows the answer.

I love the uses everyone listed!