Honored Contributor

Re: For What Purpose Do You Use Your Echo? NOT AN ELECTRONIC QUESTION

@Marp wrote:

Happy to be helpful @Noel7.  You might want to think about getting a Dot or two so you can cover a wide area.  I have my Echo in my bedroom but have placed Dots in my kitchen and living room, the main areas I frequent.  This way I am never too far from Alexa.

Hi @Marp

I had the same thought.  I got one Dot yesterday for the bedroom and will put the Echo in the living room.  Once I learn my way around them I will probably get another Dot for the kitchen.

Super Contributor

I have an Echo and a Dot in my home.  I bought it for the music but have used the "askmybuddy" for help twice.  I also use the bird sounds for relaxation.  I absolutely love it

New Contributor

I love mine for all the reasons people have mentioned. The best one is TrackR. If I lose my phone I ask Alexa to have TrackR to find my phone. It rings the phone for me and works great. There use to be times when I spent alot of time looking for the phone. Not anymore!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I bought an Echo Dot to put on my nightstand so I can control the air/heat when I get hot/cold. LOL!!! That's all I use mine for.

@Nightowlz

For that price, I think it's worth it!  Maybe you can expand into asking what time it is when you wake up in the middle of the night, lol.  I'm looking forward to that, as it is, I have to prop up on one elbow and squint to see my alarm clock Smiley Happy

@Noel7 I get hot & want the air to come on but I don't want to get woke up from the thermostat which lights up when you get close to it. DH has asked her for the time. I have also asked her about the weather for the day. Half the time she does not answer DH because he does not talk loud enough or he calls her Alexis instead of Alexa & she will not answer if you do that. LOL!!! I don't like the light that goes around in a circle. Wish I could turn it off. She was lit up this morning some time because I rolled over & had my eyes open & could see weird movement on the walls. I know it was from Alexa lit up going around. She does that sometime when we have a power surge. She will come on & say I'm having trouble at the moment please try back later or something like that.

Honored Contributor

@lilypadfrog wrote:

I have an Echo and a Dot in my home.  I bought it for the music but have used the "askmybuddy" for help twice.  I also use the bird sounds for relaxation.  I absolutely love it

Ocean sounds and now bird songs!  I love that @lilypadfrog  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@italian baker wrote:

I love mine for all the reasons people have mentioned. The best one is TrackR. If I lose my phone I ask Alexa to have TrackR to find my phone. It rings the phone for me and works great. There use to be times when I spent alot of time looking for the phone. Not anymore!

@Italian baker

That's good to know!  DH and our daughter are always having trouble finding their phones IN THE HOUSE for goodness sake.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I bought an Echo Dot to put on my nightstand so I can control the air/heat when I get hot/cold. LOL!!! That's all I use mine for.

@Nightowlz

For that price, I think it's worth it!  Maybe you can expand into asking what time it is when you wake up in the middle of the night, lol.  I'm looking forward to that, as it is, I have to prop up on one elbow and squint to see my alarm clock Smiley Happy

@Noel7 I get hot & want the air to come on but I don't want to get woke up from the thermostat which lights up when you get close to it. DH has asked her for the time. I have also asked her about the weather for the day. Half the time she does not answer DH because he does not talk loud enough or he calls her Alexis instead of Alexa & she will not answer if you do that. LOL!!! I don't like the light that goes around in a circle. Wish I could turn it off. She was lit up this morning some time because I rolled over & had my eyes open & could see weird movement on the walls. I know it was from Alexa lit up going around. She does that sometime when we have a power surge. She will come on & say I'm having trouble at the moment please try back later or something like that.

@Nightowlz

Maybe you could cover the circle some way.  The sticky parts of Post It notes, a piece of ribbon?

Honored Contributor

I don't think this would work for me...

I'm not sure why but I can't even remember to use Alexa on my Fire TV Stick. I have also used iPhones for years but never, ever use Siri. 

Esteemed Contributor