Respected Contributor

Re: For Those with Anxiety issues over Coronovirus

I keep thinking of Stanford and Sons and he'd call out "I'm comin Elizabeth"....and grab his chest, lol.........(I hope I remembered that scene correctly) 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I, too, have anxiety and also immune system challenges.   It is troubling, for sure.   I'm not out there among humans much anymore, but the husband is and that makes it much more concerning for me.    He's not one who tends to be cautious about, well, pretty much anything.

I cannot remember if it was one or two cases in the city where I live.   But then that was days ago so who knows now.  Something like this can travel so quickly.

Honored Contributor

@cbrite   Almost.....

"This is the big one!  Did you hear that, Elizabeth?  I'm coming to join you!"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

I really think anxiety has a lot do do with how close you are to the problem.  I lived for years in Southern California and weathered many earthquakes.  None of those earthquakes ever caused any damage to my home or any of my relatives homes and they never scared me.  I watch the tornado damage in Nashville and while I feel sorry for those people it does not make me anxious but this does worry me.  Officials were saying this has probably been spreading in my community for several months but no one was aware of it until the multiple deaths in the nursing home.  I am going to follow the guidelines -  I am not going to restaurants or be in crowds until some more of this shakes out and we know what we are really dealing with.

Going to grocery store to replenish supplies tomorrow morning.  Hopefully less people than going on Sunday..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 

I feel with you.

My Dad is 93, has heart problems, and asthma, he lives on his own about 12 miles from me.  He still drives, and does his own thing.  His cognition, and awareness are fine, but it is not possible for me not to worry.

DH and I are both health care professionals, and I have several chronic autoimmune diseases, and take Methotrexate.  We are prepared and taking precautions.

Best to you and your family. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

My husband is one too.  But we're in the age group of the ones who die from it the most.

I don't fear death or dying, so that may be why I'm not reacting that way.  Please don't scoff or bawl me out for this.  I will not go out of my way to risk it, but I will continue to live with what I have left in life.  It may never get here.  If things change, I may change the way I see it.  For now, I'm cautious, not fearful.  That's all.

DH is much like your DH.  I'm pretty much confined to the house and don't worry much about it.  My DD and SIL tend to stay away because they worry about bringing something in to me.  I tell them not to worry because if it's out there DH has already brought it in.  LOL  

I tend to get flu like symptoms after every treatment so it would be hard for me to tell a difference.   I know I'm not long for the earth, but I won't let this scare me anymore than what else is out there. 

I'm careful of everything, I have anxiety attacks just going anywhere, I'm afraid of friends coming to visit with their sweet little ones.  I'm afraid of having a car accident shortening the live I do have left, but I'm not stopping the living I do have. 

I think about the people who just lost their everything because of fires, illness, accidents, storms, and just walking down the streets and it puts it all back in place.  Your time will come and you have no control over it. 

I'm a firm believer of a higher power that has your dates set.  A day of birth and a day of death.  We just live, and make the most of it, in between. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this virus isn't near as bad as the virus in the US.... Just getting more press...  For those of you that choose to partake in the panic  mode... well I have lots of toilet paper and hand wipes for sale.   

Esteemed Contributor

I think that fear of the unknown is as bad as fear of the virus itself. We're getting contradictory messages and personal opinions that have no basis in fact. I worry about my daughter, who is taking meds for arthritis; they suppress her immunity. I have asthma and always have serious breathing problems after any upper respiratory infection I get. I'm retired and decided to work out at home rather than the Y until I know more about where this virus is headed. 

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this virus isn't near as bad as the virus in the US.... Just getting more press...  For those of you that choose to partake in the panic  mode... well I have lots of toilet paper and hand wipes for sale.   

@Junebug54, hopefully, this will be over at some time with most of us still healthy and kicking

But as I've said before and will say again: Mockery is unseemly. You do you and let everybody else do theirs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl  So sorry to hear you have pneumonia, wishing you the best. Take care🌷