Respected Contributor

Re: For Those of You who Order USPS Stamps Online

I’ve ordered and they arrived quickly and in perfect shape.  I also ordered two rolls on eBay.  Those arrived in perfect condition.  It was almost 50% off.  So my Christmas cards will be sent with flags stamps!  Ok for nearly 50% off.  I was a bit concerned, but gave a tracking # and arrived in 3 days.   

Honored Contributor

My last order was large and included rolls of stamps.  They arrived in perfect shape in a cardboard mailer, 4 days after I placed the order.   

Respected Contributor

Sort of OT....the other day I was opening a roll of stamps and couldn't get the outer tape off very easily.  I ended up ripping a piece of the corner off of the first stamp. I had to go to the post office anyway so I took it with me to make sure it was still usable. They told me that it was not usable which I didn't understand because you could still read everything that was printed on it. So I asked if they could give me a new stamp and they said they couldn't do that and I need to be more careful next time. Geez they would not have been out 58¢ they would have been out the fraction of a cent it cost to print it.

Honored Contributor

Mine have consistently arrived in perfect condition.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB 

Did you know you can have them brought to you by your postman?

Give him a check and he'll bring you a book.  I believe they'll put a notice in your mailbox around this time but you can ask.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

@KatieB 

Did you know you can have them brought to you by your postman?

Give him a check and he'll bring you a book.  I believe they'll put a notice in your mailbox around this time but you can ask.

@Just Bling   No, I did not know that.  I would not ask my mailman though, they have enough to do without bringing me a book of stamps.  That's crazy to begin with.

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered for years my stamps through Amazon with no issues.  They arrive perfect and I like there is a ton to choose from. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Just be careful. I ordered stamps and they never shipped beyond my local post office.  I tried tracking many times and they were just stuck.  I asked my mail carrier and he suggested reordering which I did and that order arrived quickly in perfect condition.  Problem is the first order then arrived over a month after I ordered them.  There was no explanation other than a bill because the second order was a replacement for a lost order so I had only paid for original order.  I paid the bill because you also cannot fight USPS.

I don't understand why you thought wouldn't have to pay for both orders if you received both  because it's not like the stamps can't be used or go bad.   there was probably something in the small print when the reorder was put in

and when the lost order was found it is not like they are going to look to see if a reorder was put in

Frequent Contributor

Hi! All 

With all that the UPS gets "talked about" ( negativity)

It's  good to hear the positive responses of getting stamps by mail.

I only ordered once online, and printed out the info to make sure ..if something happened.that I wouldn't get.

But they came, in a heavy envelope..so..good.

I don't know if it's known..I bought stamps at Walmart when shopping otherwise, as P.O.is not convenient!

Other grocery stores may offer it, too.

Just thought I'd Pass this along. 😉

Respected Contributor

I had to purchase stamps for work and went through the site. The stamps, one roll and two sheets, arrived with no damage and were in a sealed plastic bag.