Esteemed Contributor

Re: For Those of You Who Used to Watch American Idol

After Adam Lambert, nothing about the show was ever the same. He set the bar too high. Simon then left and they started with a series of judges who were not really good at critiquing, plus the two feuding women that ruined one of their seasons. Right now the only judges that I think truly understand performance and music are Harry Connick Jr. and Keith Urban, but I watched the night Adam came back to perform, and I thought the talent was very mediocre with one exception.
Esteemed Contributor

I am still watching. I missed 1 or 2 years when I thought the talent was lousy, otherwise I have watched since day 1. I saw the special Idol show tonight and learned a lot of info I never knew about the show.

I cant wait for the finale this week because I know a lot of former Idols will be performing because I still follow a lot of them on Facebook and saw their posts about it.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

Don't know if this has already been posted. For those of you who used to watch American Idol, this week is the last week of the season. As you may know, this is the farewell season. Tonight is a retrospective of all 15 seasons. They will bring back former Idols, favorites, and judges. It is on from 8:00-9:30 pm ET. Tomorrow is the final season sing-off, and Thursday night is the finale. It is on Fox.

I know a lot of people quit watching Idol, but thought some of you might want to see some of your old favorites tonight.

I thought Tuesday nights show was great-  it really brought me back!  Great memories with my kids growing up- the seasons we cheered on the contestants- and even went to see them on the Idol tour!! They're not even touring this year- although I know the last few years the popularity of the tour diminished.

Respected Contributor

The past few years, when AI really started going downhill, I just tuned in to the last few contestants and finale, but I had high hopes for an interesting, fun, and talent-filled final season.  No such luck.  I now find myself tuning out and I don't even care about watching the finale.  I started watching last night's show and didn't find it all that interesting.  It has run its course.

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie

Loved last night's show.  Glad I read this thread because I was not aware of it. 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

The past few years, when AI really started going downhill, I just tuned in to the last few contestants and finale, but I had high hopes for an interesting, fun, and talent-filled final season.  No such luck.  I now find myself tuning out and I don't even care about watching the finale.  I started watching last night's show and didn't find it all that interesting.  It has run its course.

The last few years haven't been good..less talent and nothing like the earlier years. It is most definitely time to go...

Honored Contributor

The first 10 years I watched every episode. I had a shrine built  in my living room. I worshiped Clay Aiken. The show went downhill when Simon left. He should have stayed. Looked what happend to X-factor. My favorite singers that came out of Idol are Clay, Kelly, Chris D., and  Adam.

Respected Contributor

Okay, Trent singing "Chandelier" was the best thing I've heard all season.  It's an incredibly difficult song to sing and I got chills.