Respected Contributor

Re: For Those Who HATE Spiders.......

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

We have tarantulas bigger than that in Arizona...........(they like to come and take a sip of water out of swimming pools)

Well if that's not reason enough to leave Arizona, I don't know what is!!

Tarantula rarely come into the house. I'd rather just  avoid them outside than contend with the stink bugs who cover houses in the East!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

To take care of that spider those Australians need to "borrow" a Texas Spider Wasp...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4227234/Horrifying-footage-shows-wasp-dragging-spider...

Places I'd like to visit bucket list:

Switzerland

Alaska

Arizona

Italy

Ireland

Texas

Smiley Sad

@LdyBugz

I actually opened my door one day and there sat a Wolf Spider.....I squirted it with water, and it ran away.........but now I wonder where it is....but at least they eat the big 
Palmetto roaches we get in Texas too... Texas is definitely an interesting place for critters....but Australia has to be #1 when it comes to dangerous creatures.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

To take care of that spider those Australians need to "borrow" a Texas Spider Wasp...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4227234/Horrifying-footage-shows-wasp-dragging-spider...

Switzerland

Alaska

Arizona

Italy

Ireland

Texas

Smiley Sad

@LdyBugz

I actually opened my door one day and there sat a Wolf Spider.....I squirted it with water, and it ran away.........but now I wonder where it is....but at least they eat the big 
Palmetto roaches we get in Texas too... Texas is definitely an interesting place for critters....but Australia has to be #1 when it comes to dangerous creatures.........

Switzerland

Alaska

Arizona

Italy

Ireland

Texas

Hawaii

Spurt's house

SilleeMe's house

Australia

Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Switzerland

Alaska

Arizona

Italy

Ireland

Texas

Smiley Sad

@LdyBugz

Switzerland

Alaska

Arizona

Italy

Ireland

Texas

Hawaii

Spurt's house

Australia

Smiley Sad

@LdyBugz

yellow-lol-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Are there people who LOVE spiders..?   Honestly, if I saw that in my house, I'd grab my bag and run and never return.

@chrystaltree

Well, there are people who keep tarantulas as pets, so, I'd say that yeah, there are people who love spiders.

That would be me.Woman Very Happy I had a pet tarantula but he escaped but I never said it did. I just told people I gave it away. They wouldn't come over if I told them it escaped!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

That spider wouldn't cause me to take pause, it would cause me to take flight.  Yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Per Wikipedia:

As adults, huntsman spiders do not build webs, but hunt and forage for food: their diet consists primarily of insects and other invertebrates, and occasionally small skinks and geckos. They live in the crevices of tree bark, but will frequently wander into homes and vehicles. They are able to travel extremely quickly, often using a springing jump while running, and walk on walls and even on ceilings. They also tend to exhibit a "cling" reflex if picked up, making them difficult to shake off and much more likely to bite.

@Plaid Pants2  I'm not sure I can cringe any harder than I did while reading this!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I would knock the spider to the ground and get him with the pellet rifle.   No stepping on this spider for me!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

To take care of that spider those Australians need to "borrow" a Texas Spider Wasp 

Oh sweet mother, looks like I won't be visiting Texas either.  Holy smokes!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

We have tarantulas bigger than that in Arizona...........(they like to come and take a sip of water out of swimming pools)

Well if that's not reason enough to leave Arizona, I don't know what is!!

Tarantula rarely come into the house. I'd rather just  avoid them outside than contend with the stink bugs who cover houses in the East!

LOL  I had a stink bug on my window just the other day.  Fortunately, it was just the one and he left with no problem.