Respected Contributor

Re: For Hand Washing--You Need One of These!

I do not remember which brand(s) I have had, but I've gone through about three of these in the past few years.  I've had ones with batteries and one that you charge.  They are great, but I've found each one lasted about a year and I gave up lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

godi, can you use supermarket liquid soap or must you use their soap? Ivory.

Unfortunately, they don't have 'live chat' operational nor the phone. Only emailSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate Posts with links to outside vendors are *always* deleted. The OP did post a detailed description a little further down so easy to find on Amazon.

I don't have a need for them but they sound good for those who do.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, yeah, lovemygrands. I don't need your nagging!

Honored Contributor

Wow.  Not worth posting when so many people get their snouts out of joing these days.  

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Also, a long time ago I almost purchased one of those hands-free water faucets for the sink that I saw in Lowe's. It had a sensor that put the water on when your hands were underneath the spout. However, the Lowe's sales guy said that they require more maintenance and were more prone to need fixing. So I didn't get it. 

Afterwards I thought about how that would not be ideal, because you still have to touch something on the faucet to get it the temperature you want, right? So, all in all, I thought why get something that is hands-free when some of the things you need to do with it require you touching it? Not so hands-free afterall.

Water loving cats think those faucets are the best thing since room service!

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I really like those for public places though I've often found that sensor things like toilet flushing and water faucets and hand towels take a lot of maneuvering to have them come on.

So for home, I'll just stick with bars of soap and I do have foaming soap dispensers for family that like them.

But @Sooner , I'm glad you found something that makes you happy and I hope they last well for you.

It's always nice to find something that you enjoy at lot at home!

I hope these will be a new staple in every public place, because even pressing on the top of a dispenser is

not very hygienic, unless you use a tissue or something if you see what I meanWoman Tongue

And for handles, I love the levers instead of knobs! You can open them with an elbow, a leg, anything but your hand!womanvery-happy:

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate Posting a link to a product on Amazon is against Terms of Use .
Honored Contributor

I bought an auto soap dispenser a few years ago, don't recall the brand, and it was a nightmare of dripping. I like the concept so I'll try again with the one that has been recommended.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority.  I just use the liquid soap in the pump container that it came with.  That, and/or bar soap.