Honored Contributor

For Hand Washing--You Need One of These!

We bought those automatic soap dispensers and I am here to tell you they are wonderful!  Easy to use, quick, and you don't get your germs on the soap dispensers and then have to clean them!

We got them from Amazon and have them in two bathrooms and the kitchen--where we most often wash hands!  And our faucets can be turned on with an elbow if you are incline to do that, or one you can't but the handle is easy to wash off. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: For Hand Washing--You Need One of These!

I was debating to order this item.  What specific brand did you order and was any assembly required???

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

It would be helpful to post a picture or at the very least the link on Amazon. Is it a sanitizer or only soap. Sanitizers are nice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@ahoymate  @Happiness Is Inside JOB   It won't let me post the picture, but Amazon has them.

Elechok Soap Dispenser, Touchless Automatic Soap Dispenser Infrared Motion Stainless Upgraded Waterproof Base Newest Version.

This is the one I like best.  Husband unpacked and filled them but it was quick and he didn't complain.  We didn't have to buy special soap and I'll ask if he watered it down.

We also bought one Kohler K-8637-ST Touchless Foaming Soap Dispenser, which is great as well, but isn't quite as fast as the other one--but neither are really slow!

Anyway, we love them! 
Esteemed Contributor

Having the type of handles that be used by elbows has turned out to wonderful too.  Just changed by garage door handle.   Never thought of these things before.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a picture of the Elechok. Don't know what is different about it from any other automatic soap dispenser; you put your hands under it, near the sensor, and it dispenses liquid soap. I have two of a different brand that I got from Walmart. Amazon has a lot of different brands too.

Elechok.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thanks World Traveler. Of course you can post pictures.

Esteemed Contributor

I have three SimpleHuman auto soap dispensers. Two take batteries and one you charge. The charging one does not hold as much as the battery operated ones. The charging one hold a charge a long time. Easy to charge. The batteries last a while also. I put hand sanitizer in the recharge one and it works great. If your on the fence on buying auto soap dispensers they are worth having especially now. 

Honored Contributor

Also, a long time ago I almost purchased one of those hands-free water faucets for the sink that I saw in Lowe's. It had a sensor that put the water on when your hands were underneath the spout. However, the Lowe's sales guy said that they require more maintenance and were more prone to need fixing. So I didn't get it. 

Afterwards I thought about how that would not be ideal, because you still have to touch something on the faucet to get it the temperature you want, right? So, all in all, I thought why get something that is hands-free when some of the things you need to do with it require you touching it? Not so hands-free afterall.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

godi, that looks very nice! I'm looking at the $60.00 version. Which one do you have? Are you happy with it? I like no plugging in, lasts 3 mos, precise & consistent flow and looks easy to refill. Yes or No? Thanks for posting.