Honored Contributor

Re: For Hall and Oates Fans

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shorty2U  I'm not going.  I like their music but I'm not that big of a fan to travel for something like this.  Nor will I buy the book.  I just posted this thread for the fervent fans of theirs.  Since you are in PA, why not go?  If I know my geography, Ohio is the next state west! Smiley Happy

@Pearlee I would love to go even just to check out the R&R hall of fame ...maybe someday I just can't see going to Cleveland for anything else though.  I'm in Pa (near the Jersey border) but it's still a 6 1/2 - 7 hour drive for me.

@haddon9  Move to Erie.  It would then be a much shorter drive! LOL

@Pearlee LOL!  Sure no problem!

I was just talking with my daughter yesterday about when she was in college and she became friends with kids from all over Pa.  There are parts of Pa that are totally foreign to me....culturally different. It's like a different country in some parts.

@haddon9  I would think the Amish population would certainly be a different culture.

Pennsylvania is certainly a wide state. I've driven through it many times.  Pretty drive.  Lots of tunnels too through mountains.   I passed by the sign for Wilkes Barre many times before I ever heard how it was pronounced!   I stopped outside Hershey once and bought a post card advertising Hershey to send to my chocoholic mother!  That was fun!

@PearleeYes it is really a beautiful state!  I grew up in NJ and we moved to Bucks in Pa so we're only minutes away. I still feel like a Jersey girl at heart!

I did get to drive all over the state (except for the Erie area) when we took the kids to look at some of the state colleges.