Trusted Contributor

Re: “For First Time, Pharmaceutical Distributor Faces Federal Criminal Charges Over Opioid Crisis” N

If I’ve just had surgery, I want a pain pill not a hunk of broccoli for my diet!  And now thanks to addicts, it’s harder for someone to pain relief. Sorry, I’m not more sympathetic but there is something called personal responsibility.  

Honored Contributor

Re: “For First Time, Pharmaceutical Distributor Faces Federal Criminal Charges Over Opioid Crisis” N

@sidsmom wrote:

People will say ‘I will pay whatever it costs’ to imply

they will do anything to have safe medication.

OK

What if I told you....you don’t need medication.

Cost is...free.

Change your diet so you don’t need blood pressure medication.

Will you be so apt to do ‘anything?’

When the answer is right there for the taking?

Probably not.

People want to take a pill because it’s too inconvenient to fix it naturally.

@sidsmom   It isn't free to change your diet

We know diet is important.  The point you keep making is that those who have medical conditions will be cured by chewing plants.

You are still going to die.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

Further discussion about your situation and answers to your questions might be better served under the Wellness category.....

Thank you...good advice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld .................please, please do not take medical advise from these boards.  Go see your doctor.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@wonderfulworld .................please, please do not take medical advise from these boards.  Go see your doctor.

Thank you for your reply...I have been to see both my doctor and pharmacist and both recommended that I switch to another generic (made in China also)

I did do that but was interested in the experience and thoughts of fellow posters. Also venting in general. Discouraging.

Honored Contributor

If you are talking about Losartan, check the numbers on the label and it will tell you if yours is included in the recall. Mine was not.
Honored Contributor

There is a reason WM sells $5 generics...and sometimes they are even free....I take two drugs there is no generic for...insurance won’t even consider paying a dime...so I am stuck with the $700 a month cost since it is life-saving.
Honored Contributor

There are way too many drs prescribing too many drugs! the last time I was discharged from the hospital, they’ve sent me home with prescriptions for fourteen different drugs. I don’t even know what most of them were for,...except several were for pain. I wasn’t having any pain. I threw the scripts in the trash.