Honored Contributor

It's hard for me to believe that I am 70 years old.  My birthday was in December.  It seems that everything falls into place as you age.  You are or at least I am more relaxed with life and can go with the flow.  It's like you don't sweat the small stuff.  Religion, race none of it is important we are in the senior club now and all seniors are welcome.  

kindness is strength
Contributor

I  know how you feel....it's as if by turning 70, all of a sudden I'm an old lady. At times, I confess I feel my age. I have issues with severe back pain. But...I'm alive, still vertical, still sucking air!  We are lucky so far, just living  one day at a time. Peace and love to you! Kat. 

Respected Contributor

G-D willing, I'll be 80 in June.  Still can't get my head around it.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 

same here..80 in July!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

It just occurred to me that I'm considered elderly now.  Hearing all the talk about at-risk groups for the coronavirus shocked me into realizing my age.  My brain still thinks I'm 30 but my body is over 65.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

It kinda stinks to be singled out right?...like maybe we have one foot in the grave and wondering who will push us in.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor
I’m fast approaching 78. I’m in good shape for my age. I have a good life. I don’t worry about things I have no control over.

I have plenty of activities to occupy my time.
Respected Contributor

Re: For 65 and older

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

It's hard for me to believe that I am 70 years old.  My birthday was in December.  It seems that everything falls into place as you age.  You are or at least I am more relaxed with life and can go with the flow.  It's like you don't sweat the small stuff.  Religion, race none of it is important we are in the senior club now and all seniors are welcome.  

I agree! I turned 66 in December. I even have more money and less expenses now. I wish I'd had this frame of mind when I was younger and still had the energy and that feeling of invincibility! It would've been a plus when raising my family, looking forward to conquering the world and when my body could still do it all! Still, a lot less stress now and inner peace!  I'll take it!!!😊

20200324_071918.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am 75.  I do remember what it was like to be young, but I am happy to be still alive and kicking.  Most of us have our physical issues to deal with, but my joke is that any day I read the obituaries in the newspaper, and don’t see my name, it is a good day.  

Respected Contributor

I can relate KatCat1. I turn 70 one month from today. I have been dwelling on this for the past year.  40 was great, 50 no big deal and 60 was OK now I'm getting up there. . But 70 is getting to me. Just had cataract surgery this month, feet hurt, and sleep is iffy. I still don't feel elderly. But every day we keep hearing that we are in the at risk bracket. In the back of my mind I keep thinking they are talking about others not me. It's a real wake up. Now I must admit  I'm old. Lots of good things about getting old. Kids are raised and educated meaning less financial worries, beautiful granddaughter, and MEDICARE yay!  Good luck everyone.