Esteemed Contributor

Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

I don’t know who made it, but there used to be a grated American cheese that I loved for spaghetti.  It was delicious 😋 

Trusted Contributor

I also miss OTC crackers. And Guacamole Doritos. 

Super Contributor

Nabisco's Melody chocolate cookies -- a thin chocolate cookie with a scalloped edge and coarse sugar crystals on top!Davide Luciano​

Stouffer's Lobster Newburg (frozen).

Honored Contributor

Caravelle

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Cascade Fresh

Several years ago I researched yogurt for a Nutrition class and taste-tested dozens of products.  At the end of it I decided that Cascade Fresh was the best of the bunch.

Soon after that the company shut down its factory.

New research project: Finding Cascade Fresh again.  For years I've been reading that the product is coming back.  Most recently I've read that it's back with a new name: Cascade Culture.

I'm still not seeing it in my local stores. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Creme Savers

BRING...

Creme Savers

THEM...

Creme Savers

BACK!

Creme Savers

NOW!!!

Trusted Contributor

U-needa Biscuits. They made the greatest stuffing.  I bought them until I couldn’t pay  the ridiculous amount they were asking, because each cracker was basically encased in plastic.  Then they were gone.  

Honored Contributor

Stella D'oro

Stella D'oro

Stella D'Oro

Stella D'oro

Stella D'oro

Okay, I heard they weren't being made anymore, but I think they still exist.  JUST NOT WHERE I LIVE.

Is anyone seeing them in your stores?  I may be forced to order them online because I could kill for a Stella D'oro breakfast treat right now. Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl    CVS pharmacy sells 5th Avenue candy bars at the checkouts where they have candy and gum etc. they are usually $1.  I used to buy bags of the small 5th Avenues around Halloween but I can't fine those anymore. I agree this is the best candy bar. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, a lot of these items are a blast from the past.  I remember Fizzies.  So much fun.

Also remember the Melody thin chocolate cookie with the sugar crystals and scalloped edges.  My Mom bought those, was never my favorite, but would eat them out of desperation.  I really loved Keebler 'Fudgetown" cookies.  Two chocolate wafers with the 'fudge' oozing out the hole in the top.

I also remember those thin flat raisin filled cookies.  Another favorite of my Mom.  Again, I'd eat out of desperation.

I remember the jello that would set in 3 different layers.  That was fun.

Does anyone remember the pudding that you would pour the powder and milk/or water into a cup and shake shake shake shake shake, so that it would gel up and become pudding?  You really had to do a lot of shaking to get it to work, but it did.  A delicious chemical mix of a treat!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing