Honored Contributor

Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

@happycat wrote:

Mars Bars. Why, oh why did they quit making them?

Still in Canada if you want to order some

Honored Contributor

@happycat -

You can buy Mars bars again!

Walmart sells them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

When we visited our daughter in Roanoke Va we always shopped in Krogers.  They had a salad dressing  and they discontinued it.  I am using my last one that I saved  over a year ago.  Kroger Brand Poppyseed. (We do not have Krogers in our area. ) 

Frequent Contributor

Royal Lunch milk crackers (in the purple box)  So comforting, filling and delicious.

Kellogg's Concentrate cereal -- tiny, tasty, malt-flavored flakes, and full of protein too!  

Respected Contributor

These candies were called Parleys. They were made in Brooklyn N.Y. I think they were Easter candies.

I think the candy factory went out of business many years ago. Nothing like them.

Valued Contributor

@LadyRH wrote:

This Noodles Romanoff recipe tastes just like Betty Crocker's boxed version that was sold back in the 1960s. This recipe makes a wonderful side dish to any main course from stuffed bell peppers, to meatloaf, and everything in-between. Make this recipe the newest addition to your dinner rotation and we guarantee that your whole family will love this cheesy and flavorful side dish.

@LadyRH  I’ll never understand why they stopped making this. I remember my mother used to sauté mushrooms and beef tips, add it to the noodles, and it was delicious. There are some good copycat recipes that you can find online for this.

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Zero Candy Bars: 24-Piece Box are these still being produced? Zero candy bar. I used to order from pool concession stand as a kid. Milk and dark chocolate preferred, but no A/C and little shade coverage. Chocolate melted, so I bought this candy bar. Or some days BBQ chips. Washed these down with 7-up. Never deviated from my selection. Just depended on my mood for the day.

Hardees used to sell cinnamon biscuits. They may still sell these. I haven't been to a Hardees in decades.    

Wow @jeanlake ,

I forgot all about these. I used to buy them at the pool concession stand too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush wrote:

These candies were called Parleys. They were made in Brooklyn N.Y. I think they were Easter candies.

I think the candy factory went out of business many years ago. Nothing like them.

@Flatbush 

Parley's, not Parlays?

schwartzcandies dot com

20190920_233656.png

Or, Loft's Parlays?  "...honey nougat dipped with creamy caramel, rolled in crisp chopped pecans, covered with Loft's rich milk chocolate".

Respected Contributor

Yes, PARLAYS Thanks for the correction.Smiley Very Happy

@ILTH wrote:

@Flatbush wrote:

@Flatbush 

Parley's, not Parlays?

schwartzcandies dot com

20190920_233656.png

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush wrote:

Yes, PARLAYS Thanks for the correction.Smiley Very Happy

@ILTH wrote:

@Flatbush wrote:

@Flatbush 

Parley's, not Parlays?

schwartzcandies dot com

20190920_233656.png

Schwartzcandies description:

A center of soft chewy nougat, wrapped in caramel, pecans and milk or semisweet dark chocolate.

They're on L.I.  Carle Place.