Honored Contributor

Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

Off the top of my head Kelly's Chili (no beans) and Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Mudslide Ice Cream.  I'm sure there are others.  

There's also restaurant foods.  The pizza I used to get in college.  Applebees used to have a Garlic Crusted Shrimp Ceasar Salad I really miss.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

it's been a long time, so I may be wrong but I think if you use a hand mixer with

Jello

you will end up with 3 layers

I think I did this shortly after it disappeared from grocery shelves and it worked.

it's been a very long time, maybe i'm wrong

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

HannahsGram, I miss that date bar mix too. It was made by Betty Crocker, and was so very delicious.

I miss Triple Decker Bars---thin layers of three kinds of chocolate (dark, milk, and white)...exquisite!

You made me think about Chock full o' Nuts date nut bread sandwiches. We used to love going there and eating those when I was a kid.  

o.jpgl.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Weaver Chicken Croquettes

Related image
Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Maurice Lenell pinwheel cookies. 

SINGING........”One taste can tell, that Maurice Lenell

Cookies are just simply.....GOOD”.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Zero Candy Bars: 24-Piece Box are these still being produced? Zero candy bar. I used to order from pool concession stand as a kid. Milk and dark chocolate preferred, but no A/C and little shade coverage. Chocolate melted, so I bought this candy bar. Or some days BBQ chips. Washed these down with 7-up. Never deviated from my selection. Just depended on my mood for the day.

Hardees used to sell cinnamon biscuits. They may still sell these. I haven't been to a Hardees in decades.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

These were good. I love crackers.

download.jpeg.jpg

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake -

Yes! Zero bars are one of my very favorites and they sell them at Walmart, probably drug stores and others too.

I usually cannot resist getting one when I see them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Anything by Ebinger's. Especially, their Eclairs. 😋 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Occasional Contributor

This Noodles Romanoff recipe tastes just like Betty Crocker's boxed version that was sold back in the 1960s. This recipe makes a wonderful side dish to any main course from stuffed bell peppers, to meatloaf, and everything in-between. Make this recipe the newest addition to your dinner rotation and we guarantee that your whole family will love this cheesy and flavorful side dish.