Respected Contributor

Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

@candys mine wrote:

C.W.Post Rice Krinkles cereal, Quake cereal, Kaboom cereal. Libby's Kids frozen dinners... "Libby the Kid, Thats Billy the kid spelled sideways...sort of."  Zarex drink mix, Fruit Stripe gum, Razzles candy...Is it a Candy or is it a Gum? 

TidBIts  THANK YOU!  I've been trying to think of the name of those for AGES!  They were the absolute best!  Remember Chick'n in a Biscuit crackers? 

Having SO much fun reading these!

I remember Quisp vs. Quake.  The contest.  I was a big fan of Quisp.  Little flying saucers which sogged better in the milk than the Quake. Or maybe I just liked the outer space character better than the hard hatted muscle bound quake character I am envisioning after all these years.   

I can't believe Tidbits aren't around anymore.  They were excellent. 

Razzles - is it a candy or is it a gum?  haha  It was a candy and yet, it was a gum!!  But I do remember 1 was not enough, you had to pop several in your mouth in order for it to amount to anything. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What are cyclamates ?

@Group 5 minus 1  They were one of the first artificial sweeteners before saccharine.  They were deemed  cancer causing and pulled from the market.

As I recall, the banning of Cyclamates is why Funny Face went off the market- Because then we only had saccharine to use and it was awful! I know saccharine came first, but it wasnt used in that stuff back then, cause it was so bitter-

Remember Sucaryl????

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty -

I remember those Nabisco raisin ones too!

It is weird cause they were so plain, and not very flavorful but I loved them too.

Just the right amount of chewy and raisins and the flat biscuit just was a good contrast to the sweet raisins.

Maybe they are still around?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I remember those raisin cookies, too. I don't remember who made them, but, all I could find was Sunshine that was bought out by Keebler that was bought out by Kellogg.  I can't find any mention of Nabisco.

Is this the kind of cookie you're all talking about? 

(Weren't the packages kind of see-through and plain, though?)

raisin.jpgtmp-cam-412005953.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@BklynKinsey wrote:

Nabisco's Melody chocolate cookies -- a thin chocolate cookie with a scalloped edge and coarse sugar crystals on top!Davide Luciano​

Stouffer's Lobster Newburg (frozen).

@BklynKinsey, I wanted to mention these cookies, but I couldn't remember what they were called.  Thank you!  It's been a very long time, but I still miss them.  So good!

Esteemed Contributor

I am really enjoying this thread!. You guys are really taking me back😊

~~~All we need is love💖

Respected Contributor

@gellen Kraft Chicken Noodle Dinner.I was well received by my entire family, Aunt's , Cousins, Mother, Mother-In-Law, Sister-In-Law and good friends. It was a constant staple in our houses. So very sad it's gone.

Respected Contributor

@ What is OTC ?

Respected Contributor

@ there were fizzies, and lick-em-sticks. 

Respected Contributor

@Marp Isee Necco Wafers in Christmas Catalogs.