Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

You are a living doll @just bee  Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LyndaGee wrote:

Michael Angelo frozen Florentine lasanga, green apple-flavored Twizzlers.

Those apple flavored Twizzlers come out only in the fall.  They have a caramel fiilling and are a seasonal item.  They are available at the Hershey Chocolate Factory gift shoppe and I have seen them at Target as well.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a dessert/snack in the 70's called Spoon Candy. I believe it was by Betty Crocker but do not quote me on that. It was the best treat for my friends and me that my mother would prepare for us after playing all day. It was pudding with a chocolate candy topping<delish>

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

i miss HOJOs!!!!

when we were kids we would always try to get mom  to take us to HOWARD JOHNSONS for dinner every so often, especially if we were on vacation and there was one in the area.

as i got a bit older, it was open 24 hours and the perfect place for a heavy meal at 3am! and ice cream, of course!!!  Smiley Wink

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dd/ec/6b/ddec6bb6258629857a15b2935fa2620b.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I see Mary Janes everywhere before Halloween.

I miss the original Taco Doritos and the Forever Yours candy bar. Someone said the Milky Way dark is the replacement, but it is nothing like the original.

I've seen Taco Doritos at Target.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Michael Angelo frozen Florentine lasanga, green apple-flavored Twizzlers.

Those apple flavored Twizzlers come out only in the fall.  They have a caramel fiilling and are a seasonal item.  They are available at the Hershey Chocolate Factory gift shoppe and I have seen them at Target as well.

Thank you!  The ones I liked didn't have a caramel filling, but I'd love to try these.

Frequent Contributor

My grandma made us candied citrus rinds.  You can get them with chocolate.  But not just sugar.

Occasional Contributor

I buy these all the time. Love them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

I remember those raisin cookies, too. I don't remember who made them, but, all I could find was Sunshine that was bought out by Keebler that was bought out by Kellogg.  I can't find any mention of Nabisco.

Is this the kind of cookie you're all talking about? 

(Weren't the packages kind of see-through and plain, though?)

raisin.jpgtmp-cam-412005953.jpg

Shoekitty said.  I think I remember I liked these better.  More currents and a little more moist, and flavorful..  Yes, the Sunshine bisquits came in a clear package.  Neither of the brands are sold today.  I buy .Cadbury Garabaldi cookies today.  They are like the sunshine brand.  They do, but just dont have the flavor

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Stella D'Oro cookies are sold at Walmart, Target and Amazon.  I don't know if the stores have them, but all three have them online.

They're at supermarkets in my area.  I had no idea they had gone away anywhere.