Honored Contributor

Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

@just bee wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Stella D'Oro cookies are sold at Walmart, Target and Amazon.  I don't know if the stores have them, but all three have them online.

@NickNack 

YOU ARE AN ANGEL. Heart

I've been reacquainting myself with Target now that I've discovered they carry Lumene.  I just checked out the website and there is a limited supply of Stella D'oro cookies.  Much more limited now because I just ordered them all.

All they had were four: Two packages of breakfast treats and two packages of the assortment (Lady Stella).

They're at the Albuquerque store and I can pick them up! Woman Very Happy

Pinch me -- I'm dreaming!

ETA:

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!  They're ready for pick-up!!!

@just bee   I'm so glad I was able to help!Smiley Happy

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use to love this in the 1970's! I first had it at an Aunt's house and then my mom use to make it. It was delicious!😋 Not many people seem to know about it and when it disappeared, I looked everywhere for it. It was a complete kit. It included the meat, cream sauce and the noodles. Whenever I make beef stroganoff, I try to copy it but never can! 😁

20190923_120755.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Contributor

marathon bar.jpg

This bad boy right here.  Cadbury sells a Curly Wurly that is supposed to be a dupe, but it is pricey everywhere I have looked.  I haven't eaten one in 35-40 years and I still remember the taste.  Drooooool.

Honored Contributor

Still waiting to hear what metabolism is. Someone said they had it,but it is confusing to me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

Frusen Glädjé

How could we forget Frusen Glädjé?

Well, that's a blast from the past. I never would have remembered this. The anti-Häagen-Dazs.

Honored Contributor

This is not a food.  That said, does anyone remember Chocks Vitamins?

Image result for chocks vitamins

These tasted like candy and I loved taking my vitamins.  My Ma had them stored up the uppermost shelf of the kitchen cabinet, almost near the ceiling and when I was really little, like under 6 years old, I channeled my inner spiderman and managed to get up there and at the bottle of chocks vitamins.  Let's just say I ate several Woman Very Happy  My Ma was hysterical and I believe she not only called the doctor, she called the number for poison control and both told her to give me lots of water and I'd just eliminate the vitamins with no long term effects.

Sigh, good times, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Frusen Glädjé

Oh YES! But for me it was the Buutter Pecan. Have never had better and believe me I've looked.......

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy. During this complex biochemical process, calories in food and beverages are combined with oxygen to release the energy your body needs to function.

Some folks can eat almost anything and don't gain wait.  They attribute it to having a high metabolism.

Some folks can look at food and gain weight.  They attribute it to low metabolism.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Frusen Glädjé

Oh YES! But for me it was the Buutter Pecan. Have never had better and believe me I've looked.......

@candyagain 

Butter Pecan

There you go.

Although in this photo it looks more like pistachio!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Stella D'Oro cookies are sold at Walmart, Target and Amazon.  I don't know if the stores have them, but all three have them online.

@NickNack 

YOU ARE AN ANGEL. Heart

I've been reacquainting myself with Target now that I've discovered they carry Lumene.  I just checked out the website and there is a limited supply of Stella D'oro cookies.  Much more limited now because I just ordered them all.

All they had were four: Two packages of breakfast treats and two packages of the assortment (Lady Stella).

They're at the Albuquerque store and I can pick them up! Woman Very Happy

Pinch me -- I'm dreaming!

ETA:

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!  They're ready for pick-up!!!

@just bee   I'm so glad I was able to help!Smiley Happy

@NickNack 

You have no idea.  I picked up my cookies at Target then drove to Walmart Neighborhood Market.  The store carries some obscure items so I thought I'd just have a look around.  Nope.

But I do have to say that both gentlemen -- the one at Target and the one at Walmart -- were so nice when I blurted out how exciting it was that I finally found Stella D'oros after 25 years.  They didn't even back away from me.  So sweet!

I got home and opened two packages for a taste test.  They're still fabulous. Heart

I hope you win your state's lottery. Heart Heart Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~