Respected Contributor

Re: :) Foods Each USA State Is Known For (:

@Citrine1  I agree with you.  While Philly cheesesteaks are wonderful, it is very local.

Even as far West as Pgh., there were Tastycakes and Pa. scrapple sold in all the groceries.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

While 100% with my fellow posters on NJ Tomatoes we have the best we also have awesome corn as well as Bagels.  Must be our water. As well as the fact that we are the Garden State.

Taffy? no definitely a shore thing and not enjoyed by everyone. More so a touristy thing.

I agree.   And I go to the shore often but, even then, don't think about salt water taffy.  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

While 100% with my fellow posters on NJ Tomatoes we have the best we also have awesome corn as well as Bagels.  Must be our water. As well as the fact that we are the Garden State.

Taffy? no definitely a shore thing and not enjoyed by everyone. More so a touristy thing.

I agree.   And I go to the shore often but, even then, don't think about salt water taffy.  Woman Surprised

I agree if anything its the seafood and the Pizza! Jersey has awesome Pizza up and down the State.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

First of all it is the opinion of someone shallow person.  Second it is a mean little list that perpetuates stereotypes about areas of the country and the people that live there.  I mean really, this is 1950s or 1960s think. . . 

I don't think it has any relevancy other than "duh".

Super Contributor

Yes, Wisconsin is known for cheese, especially artisan cheeses in the past few years bringing home many international awards.  But don't forget its #1 status in cranberry production (57% of the US production)  and cultivated ginseng production (95% of the total production in the US),

Honored Contributor

Maine,the wild blueberries,just the best,and yes all kinds of seafood.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Wisconsin: Cheese

Doubtful that this comes as a surprise to anyone. No one could deny that Wisconsin has the best cheese out there, and I think we’re all a little jealous that we don’t get a little Wisco’ cheese everyday.

Being a Wisconsin native, I'll add a few more things to the foods Wisconsin is famous for: cheese curds, bratwurst, and beer!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

First of all it is the opinion of someone shallow person.  Second it is a mean little list that perpetuates stereotypes about areas of the country and the people that live there.  I mean really, this is 1950s or 1960s think. . . 

I don't think it has any relevancy other than "duh".

It's accurate where New Mexico's concerned.  No microaggression -- just fact.

chiles

Just remember: It's chile, not chili.  But we do like to include chile in our chili recipes, of course.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovinglife wrote:

Yes, Wisconsin is known for cheese, especially artisan cheeses in the past few years bringing home many international awards.  But don't forget its #1 status in cranberry production (57% of the US production)  and cultivated ginseng production (95% of the total production in the US),

Well considering the size of Wisconsin compared to NJ we are # 3 behind Mass. in cranberry production. So I would say we are then relatively the same.

As for cheese nothing beats NY State Cheddar or the goat cheese from our local farms here in NJ.Woman Happy

Also NJ has some of the best homemade Ricotta and Mozzarella bar none. Again its out water we do it right.

Honored Contributor

@lovinglife wrote:

Well considering the size of Wisconsin compared to NJ we are # 3 behind Mass. in cranberry production. So I would say we are then relatively the same.

As for cheese nothing beats NY State Cheddar or the goat cheese from our local farms here in NJ.Woman Happy

Also NJ has some of the best homemade Ricotta and Mozzarella bar none. Again its out water we do it right.

In New Mexico, Village Pizza makes a delightful Pizza Blanco.  Very simple: Ricotta, olive oil and garlic.  One of the few things that doesn't come with green chile!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~