Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The USDA reports about 915 million acres of farmland.

The Gates land portfolio consists of about 270,000 acres, all uses.

Yeah, I don't view him as a threat to anything but his personal reputation.

Honored Contributor

As far as food shrinking...that has been happening for decades...nothing new. I remember about when it started in the early 70's? Maybe even earlier than that...

I remember way back when...1 lb coffee cans weren't 16 oz anymore.

Honored Contributor
Eating less beef isn’t a bad thing... it not being able to due to the supply of it being taken away is another. There is a domino effect when one part of a supply chain is Impacted. Farmers cannot sell corn as cattle feed if there are no cattle to be raised for beef, etc. The cyber attacks know they can harm the US without ever firing a single shot...Just attack our food, fuel, or energy supplies via hacking.
Esteemed Contributor

Scary.  In our case we don't eat beef.  But I am sure next time around it will be something else.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

more scare mongering... just stop please. Will not hurt Americans to eat less meat anyway. 

This is not about just the meat supply. It is about every food product in all categories. Please be aware of what has happened.

Honored Contributor

There's always........

proxy-image.jpg

icon_razz.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

more scare mongering... just stop please. Will not hurt Americans to eat less meat anyway. 

@SeaMaiden  I could not disagree more.

Valued Contributor

@On It 

I am more worried about our water resources & power grid being disrupted.

Super Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

As far as food shrinking...that has been happening for decades...nothing new. I remember about when it started in the early 70's? Maybe even earlier than that...

I remember way back when...1 lb coffee cans weren't 16 oz anymore.

Right, I remember my Mom and neighbor ladies being livid at the change. I was in high school at the time.

Honored Contributor

Google:  "cows and climate change."

It's all a plan by the climate change folks to eliminate cows - and banning beef..

From UC Davis website:

Shrinking livestock’s carbon hoofprint worldwide is a big challenge. Livestock are responsible for 14.5 percent of global greenhouse gases. 

Cows and climate change | UC Davis