Esteemed Contributor

@Matt1950 wrote:
Has QVC decided to get away from selling kitchen products and selling FOOD products that seem to be very high.
I can buy some of the things they sell,namely bagels at my local grocery store for less than what they sell

@Matt1950  I'm right there with you. Do I love kitchen items? Oh yea. Over the years I bought more than I would ever need. My garage is filled with boxes of "everything kitchen". My family and friends know where to come to  get whatever they need, for free.

I got so tired of looking at the vendors squeeze the day lights out of the very rare steaks and burgers. What a big turn off. No longer watch but buy what kitchen items I need from the website.

Those where the days when in the Kitchen with Bob was a big thing. We even got upset when a vacumn cleaner was the TSV because it took up too much time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Matt1950 wrote:
Has QVC decided to get away from selling kitchen products and selling FOOD products that seem to be very high.
I can buy some of the things they sell,namely bagels at my local grocery store for less than what they sell

@Matt1950   The bagels I've gotten from Just Bagels are a far cry from grocery store bagels.  I didn't even like bagels until I tried those.

They must make huge profits from prepared foods even with the generous refund policy.  Some of the vendors, however, don't seem to manage their businesses very efficiently and often can't produce the product in a timely manner.  Not yet ready for prime time.

Bagels are the exceptions.  You should never buy them from supermarkets because they are not kettle boiled.  There is a big difference in taste between kettle boiled and steamed.  The steam versions last longer, but really bland in taste.  Nothing compares to the kettle boiled ones.  Only place to buy them are from bakeries (and even then asked if they are kettle boiled.  Or bagels specialities shops.  Bagels go bad very quickly.  By the end of next day, they are almost stale. QVC sell the kettle boiled but by the time they get to you, you're reduced to toasting them.  Fresh bagels you don't need to toast. Even the bagel chains sell steamed bagels.  Einstein bagels are awful. But kettle boiling them is too expensive. I get mine from a bagel shop.  They make them every morning from scratch.  Great bagels. Bagels are originally from Poland and Russia.  Eastern Eurpeans know how to make any kind of bread!  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird  you are so correct about the Einstein bagels. Publix bagels were so much better but now they are selling the Einstein bagels. Now they have raised the price to 1.69.

Jen's New York Bagels are in the area so I will give them a try, but will call first and asked whether they are steamed or boiled. Hope they are honest because I won't know the difference lol.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

What would prevent you from going to a vendor's website to see if the Q really has the best deals on the chosen food? That's what I woud do if I bought food from QVC. Maybe I don't need 3 dozen cookies but the vendor will sell me 1 dozen. I think a lot of the food purchases are impulse buys.

@chessylady    I've checked some vendor sites and found the food they offer to be much more expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Good to know. The only food I have bought from QVC was croissants made in France and frozen for you to bake at home. They were very good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

What would prevent you from going to a vendor's website to see if the Q really has the best deals on the chosen food? That's what I woud do if I bought food from QVC. Maybe I don't need 3 dozen cookies but the vendor will sell me 1 dozen. I think a lot of the food purchases are impulse buys.

@chessylady    I've checked some vendor sites and found the food they offer to be much more expensive.

And most of them charge high shipping costs!

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@chessylady 

i will say that the vast majority of the time QVC has a better deal than purchasing directly from the vendors website for the food items that i order.

i am not sure if the vendor directly offers a no questions asked money back guarantee on the products, but QVC does and that is a big reason why i prefer to order via QVC.....plus i get my cash back rebates if i order from QVC.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food Products

[ Edited ]

@Matt1950 wrote:

@Matt1950 

My wife bought chicken from them a week or so ago. She liked it so well, she will probably order again.

Me? Don't eat meat/fish or fowl.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor
I used to work across the street from Cheryl’s cookies in Westerville, OH. I could rarely get a better deal at the factory than on QVC.