Trusted Contributor

The prices are a MAJOR rip-off, outrageous, especially on seafood, meats, and desserts. All of these items can be found for less money. I'd NEVER order any food for QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Just like with any other item, as a consumer, we have to comparison shop.  It was only just a few years ago that QVC charged s/h for food items.  Yes, I know the cost of s/h is absorbed into the cost of the item but I also know that there are other companies with better offers.

To each his/her own. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

The prices are outrageous.  No, I don't buy food from television.  I'm particular and want to see and look at first hand what I'm buying to eat.  We guard our health very carefully. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! The only food I think we ever got is Juniors cheesecakes (one year) and really the cheesecakes here at the bakery are better and less expensive! And we used to order those oranges (oh gosh cant think of the name of them!..lol) but anyway my husband loved them. But no more!

I do see other foods Id love to try on Q, but I'm not paying that!

Then again have you seen beef roasts at the store? 22 and up for a beef roast? (Faint!) We no longer eat much meat but I was hungry for a roast but I'm not paying 22 dollars in the store or anywhere for a roast! lol.

That's why I have to kind of say what? when people whined about gas prices. I think food prices are more pathetic!. When DH and I shop our bill is high and we don't eat a lot. I often stand there thinking I don't know how families with children afford food now days!

But yeah  Qs food is way overpriced.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

If people can afford it, why not? Many years ago I used to have little time at home to cook when I was working over 65 hours a week and I would order from QVC and HSN and other places. Everything was single serve high quality food and easy to cook or heat up. Now that I and older and not working, I shop locally and cook everything we eat and no longer need to buy online.

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm guessing that for most people, it's the CONVENIENCE FACTOR ...... 

If you live in an urban area and are buying for yourself, a lot of those items don't make sense, cost wise.

However, if you are looking to send something to someone in another part of the country,  these can be a quick, efficient way that allows you to avoid the whole shipping hassle.

In many cases, it's really worth it!