Esteemed Contributor

Food Network Show "Chopped...."

[ Edited ]

Seems like it's turning into the MS show....just seems like she gets more attention than the other judges and the contestants....and she's the only judge to get out of her seat and stand right next to a chef who's trying to concentrate.....jmo.....but i don't enjoy watching this show anymore.....yes, i change the channel!

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Network Show "Chopped...."

Isn't she only on once a week? 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Isn't she only on once a week? 

guess my timing is bad!  and then there's reruns!

Honored Contributor

I only watch that show once in a while...haven't seen MS yet....I find the usual judges rather full of themselves so I rarely watch it.
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I only watch that show once in a while...haven't seen MS yet....I find the usual judges rather full of themselves so I rarely watch it.

if you think the usual judges are full of themselves....you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Super Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Seems like it's turning into the MS show....just seems like she gets more attention than the other judges and the contestants....and she's the only judge to get out of her seat and stand right next to a chef who's trying to concentrate.....jmo.....but i don't enjoy watching this show anymore.....yes, i change the channel!

And you're,surprised . .  why??

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Trusted Contributor

Alittle of Martha Stewart goes a long way.  She is everywhere.  Not my cup of tea.  I used to love Chopped, the. It became pretty boring.  I am sure she runs the show!

Honored Contributor

I do like that show but I only occasionally watch, I haven't see Martha yet.  Obviously, Martha was added for some "star power".  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy _Chopped_ and look forward to seeing an episode with Martha Stewart.  Almost all the judges on the show have things that tick them off, so if she is critical, she will fit right in.

The highlight of the show to me is the casting of the various contenders--they always choose interesting people.  They've much improved the baskets, too, so that people now have a fair chance of showing what they know rather than coping with the required ingredients that don't go together--taro root, cockleshells, leftover pizza, and apples--the old baskets were awful. 

My favorite all time episode was the first "Lunch Ladies" match-up, some years ago--four school cafeteria cooks and their stories. Amazing women.

Honored Contributor

My youngest and I watch this together, he LOVES the show and I enjoy it. I always wondered how they could come up with such amazing recipes using what was in the basket.

THEN I found out 2 things:

1) The actual filming is roughly 12-15 hours and we see around 35-40 minutes

2) They are told what will be in the baskets ahead of time so they can create their recipes.

That REALLY burst my bubble, lol. Still enjoy it, however.