Super Contributor

Re: Food Demo employee ""Melts Down"" in WALMART

On 9/16/2014 straykatz said:
On 9/16/2014 Madisson said:
On 9/13/2014 sophiamarie said:

The Demo ladies are "hawking" the products they are using in their samples. When you taste something and ask how it's made, she always shows the stuff that she used and the bottles are all there on the table.... I assume they are getting paid by the store.

Uh, uh. They are independent contractors who work for a company who contracts out people who do product demos. My mother knows an older lady who does the demos. She gets calls from the company when they need a product demonstrator in her area.

I may be mistaken but I thought when Walmart pulled their greeters it was so they could hire food demos.

Not that I know of. My mother has a cousin who was a greeter at Walmart. She isn't doing food demos. Actually, they called her back to work. They don't call her a greeter anymore, but instead of greeting people, she says good-bye. (Figure that one out! Maybe to cut down on all the unpaid for merchandise that was walking out the door??) She also untangles the carts.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

Re: Food Demo employee ""Melts Down"" in WALMART

On 9/16/2014 viva923 said:

I wish I could remember how she found this demo company to work for. It may have been in the help wanted section of the newspaper here.

They have used both Advantage Sales and Marketing (asmnet.com) and Crossmark (crossmark.com).

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion