Respected Contributor

Re: Food Demo employee ""Melts Down"" in WALMART

I was a perfume sprayer for a while and I wanted to go over to doing food demos but it never felt right for some reason.

Besides I probably would get fired for eating too many samples.

I would never grab anybodys hand though!

Respected Contributor

Sometimes they work for the store. Sometimes they work for an outside company.

Honored Contributor

Well, in all fairness to the Food Demo Lady, this is WALMART .... and who knows what she had been dealing with before the second helping customer came along ..... and her training might have been ONE PER CUSTOMER.

Without even knowing the facts, I'm siding with the Food Demo Lady. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

I've noticed in Costco around here that they don't keep too many samples out at a time. Maybe just two or three, and then the food person puts out a couple more at a time. This customer sounds like a greedy piggy, reaching for another sample. It's not hard to imagine. But I don't think the employee should have grabbed the person's arm. That's a no no.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I have seen families with several kids line up for the samples in trader joes and to be fair the kids general do not like the food, but there are no complaints from either party

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: I've noticed in Costco around here that they don't keep too many samples out at a time. Maybe just two or three, and then the food person puts out a couple more at a time. This customer sounds like a greedy piggy, reaching for another sample. It's not hard to imagine. But I don't think the employee should have grabbed the person's arm. That's a no no.

I was thinking the same thing! The poor food sample lady probably had had it with greedy people, finally did what she'd wanted to do for a long time.

Obviously she should not have touched the customer but I wouldn't call her reaction a melt-down.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 9/13/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: I've noticed in Costco around here that they don't keep too many samples out at a time. Maybe just two or three, and then the food person puts out a couple more at a time. This customer sounds like a greedy piggy, reaching for another sample. It's not hard to imagine. But I don't think the employee should have grabbed the person's arm. That's a no no.

I was thinking the same thing! The poor food sample lady probably had had it with greedy people, finally did what she'd wanted to do for a long time.

Obviously she should not have touched the customer but I wouldn't call her reaction a melt-down.

Hi Noel! I've always said, you want to see some bad behavior, watch people around free food! Whenever I used to.go to.promotional events for work, the area where the free appetizers and drinks were always looked like a hurricane came through. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

You grab a person to keep them from doing something. Like hitting someone. Would you do that?
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 9/13/2014 NoelSeven said:

Hi Noel! I've always said, you want to see some bad behavior, watch people around free food! Whenever I used to.go to.promotional events for work, the area where the free appetizers and drinks were always looked like a hurricane came through. Smiley Happy

ITA!

Most people around here are pretty good at Costco and Trader Joe's, but once in awhile there are people with bad manners. I have seen people belly up to the vendor and just stand there, cart and all, blocking others, after they've had a sample. Waiting for more, I guess.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

I was at Costco last week. These two ladies were giving samples of cheese on crackers one lady was a one per person and the other lady wanted everyone to have a sample of the different cheeses so they could choose their favorites. I liked her. Lol