Super Contributor

Re: Folks, you just can't make this stuff up...

Wheatchick1, same here! :-)

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

Pot is legal here in Nv. and last week, a driver under the influence killed 3 people.   Terrible decision to legalize this stuff.  

Well they should outlaw alcohol too. drunk drivers have been known to kill and maim people.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

Pot is legal here in Nv. and last week, a driver under the influence killed 3 people.   Terrible decision to legalize this stuff.  

Alcohol and drugs likely cause far many more accidents than does MJ.

The majority of MJ users do it at home, and stay home - much more so than those who consume alcohol in public.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow!  They must have a LOT of money to risk however much ($$$$) it cost to purchase that much weed.   

I live in Nebraska and this is not an uncommon occurance. Only thing that IS unique is the excuse! Not their age or the distance traveled. I-80 is the drug traffic freeway across the nation. Nebraska's State Patrol captures huge sums of pot (this amount and larger) a couple times each week. If you are delivering drugs of any kind, you are a fool to come through Nebraska. We've got the best enforcements and dogs in the country. This isn't a small family business; this is a huge racket of illegal drugs and who-knows-what-else. That couple may have been the delivery people, but there is huge money and illegal businesses behind them. Legal enforcements work diligently to find more and more about the drug rings. It's rampant from coast-to-coast and has been going on for decades.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Well that’s proof that there is no relationship between age and common sense or age and good values.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow!  They must have a LOT of money to risk however much ($$$$) it cost to purchase that much weed.   

I live in Nebraska and this is not an uncommon occurance. Only thing that IS unique is the excuse! Not their age or the distance traveled. I-80 is the drug traffic freeway across the nation. Nebraska's State Patrol captures huge sums of pot (this amount and larger) a couple times each week. If you are delivering drugs of any kind, you are a fool to come through Nebraska. We've got the best enforcements and dogs in the country. This isn't a small family business; this is a huge racket of illegal drugs and who-knows-what-else. That couple may have been the delivery people, but there is someone huge behind them and we keep finding out more and more about the drug rings. It's rampant from coast-to-coast.

@BirkiLady  I live in Nebraska too...east side...and I-80 is about 3 blocks from us. It does seem as if every week the local news will mention a major drug bust or two caught on I-80.

Honored Contributor

So many Carrie Nations with their hatchets....

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I must confess ,I have never tried any drugs. I don't drink either. It has just never interested me, at all

I don't think less of people who drink ,and who use pot. In my mind they are about equal

I don't feel that way about hard drugs. I think they are bad

If I was very ill ,and I knew pot would help me, I would try it

Honored Contributor

Legalize it nationwide and make it readily available to people who want it and, well, end of problem...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise  I'm in Lincoln. But in a very, very southern suberb and would have to drive 30 minutes to reach I-80! Three blocks? Holy cow. You have easy access to where ever you want to go! You need a CB radio to stay up-to-date with the drug traffickers as you cruise by. Such idiots. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.