Respected Contributor

Go to the big online store begins with A (can't say it cuz competition for QVC) google foaming hand soap dispensers, scroll down because some are pricey. I got 4 clear plastic ones for $10. Works great. I have not used the thick moisture liquid soap but regular soap, add water (eyeball it) shake put lid on & pump. I have dawn dispenser on my kitchen counter for those quick wash. Saves money not wasting soap. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I buy all my hand soaps at Bath & Bodyworks. I never bought the foaming soap, I always bought the other one. I have become a convert, love the foaming soap. I noticed how much soap I was wasting, the non-foaming wouldn't come out of the pump. The foaming allows you to get every last drop of the soap.

@Jordan2 - I'm the opposite of you! Someone gave us the foaming soap as a gift. It's nice, but we all prefer the regular one! When it comes to the end I tip the bottle and drain it into a current one until it is completely empty. I do it late at night when I'm the only one downstairs! 

Years ago (maybe 25 or so) when BBW went to "antibacterial" everything, DH said NO! He wouldn't let us use anything antibacterial. He said - back then - the regular use of antibacterial products could lead to bacterial resistance.  I had many discussions with the BBW head office about this, as we were BBW fans. About 5-10 years ago they saw the light and started bringing back the regular liquid soaps. Now the  "antibac" ones are hard to find, EXCEPT for the hand sanitizers which today we all need and use.

Whichever you use be careful about adding water - unless you're following specific instructions. It could diminish the soap's effectiveness, and tap water could add bacteria. 

Trusted Contributor

i just got a bunch of the foaming hand soaps from bath n body works 2 weeks ago when they had there big sale.. and i got the soap holders.. i have about 8 of the foaming soaps lol 

Honored Contributor

Re: Foaming Hand Soap

[ Edited ]

I bought six bottles of the gel soap at BBW when they finally had a sale....I refill them with softsoap creamy aloe soap...smells great and doesn’t dry out your hands when we are washing them so often. I found the 50oz refill bottle of it at WM back in April and have now been through almost two of them. Will try the foaming soap refill also since I do have a single foaming soap bottle from BBW also...I have a weakness for pretty bottles of handsoap..I like to match the bottles in my half bath with the hand towels I use there...

Honored Contributor

Is foaming soap more economical than liquid soap, or just a personal preference?

Honored Contributor
I have used some bodywash that I wasn’t crazy about using in the shower, but it works great as hand soap.
Respected Contributor

@hckynut 

So what water/soap ratio did you use?  I vaguely remember original post but I have no idea of ratio.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is foaming soap more economical than liquid soap, or just a personal preference?

@ValuSkr - At BBW I think they're about the same. It's just a matter of which you prefer.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom 

Since my empty foaming soap bottle was 10oz. I mixed 2oz of soap with 8oz of water. Came out 1oz of soap to every 4oz of water. Picked that up from the original poster(s).

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I just fill the bottle with approx 1/4 soap then fill the bottle with water. I've been doing this for years. Nothing difficult, nothing special. Just save your bottles.