Esteemed Contributor

Two counties in Upstate South Carolina have confirmed flu cases .

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor
Had my shot on Sept. 4th. Hope this years is better than last.
You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Oh, oh.  My daughter got her shot about two weeks ago at Walgreens. 

DH and my MD won't have hers until late Sept or early Oct.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

My doctor told me today to get the flu shot in October. She said it would be most effective during peak flu season that way. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

My doctor told me today to get the flu shot in October. She said it would be most effective during peak flu season that way. 

Did your doctor tell you when flu season is expected to peak this year?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

ARRRGUH!

We hates it, we hates it!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
My boss just got over it. He was out for a week. Nothing to fool with if you get it.
Respected Contributor

Re: Flu Arrives Early

[ Edited ]

When I became sick earlier this year with pneumonia there were a few things I should have done to stay healthy.

1) Dh got sick first with the flu and I failed to wipe down all surfaces with bleach disinfecting wipes after he touched them such as the refrigerator door handle and the front door knob; drawer handles as well.

2) I volunteered to drive him to the doctor when he was fully capable to take himself.  At the doctor's office that day there was an office full of patients who were coughing and sneezing.  The room was clammy and warm.  I was perfectly healthy at the time and was cringing.  I did tell dh that I was going to wait in the car.  

3) The Las Vegas area has more than 200 sunny days per year and yet I wasn't taking advantage of that by sitting outside for about 10 minutes a day without sunscreen.   

4) When I did get sick, I should have gone to a doctor immediately but I didn't go to one at all.  I probably had the flu first and would have been given anti viral meds that most likely would have prevented the pneumonia that later developed. 

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/antivirals/whatyoushould.htm

eta:  I did get the flu shot last October....the one that turned out to be the wrong strain.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

That's exactly what my doctor told me a couple of weeks ago.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

My husband and I had our flu shots this afternoon. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?