Valued Contributor

Re: Florida hit a new record today

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@suzyQ3 please tell me what you think of that ER doctor. I need to hear your opinion.  Smiley Sad

@germanshepherdlove, I'd have to hear her reasoning and the source of her information. But just because she's a doctor, doesn't mean much. Perhaps she a classic contrarian.

Can you point me in her direction?

@suzyQ3 I can't remember her name.  I will try to find the information.  Thank you @suzyQ3  I will return.  

Esteemed Contributor

No surprise.  Officials ignored warnings by medical experts.  Beaches, bars, and restaurants packed with mostly younger people, not a face mask in sight.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in Tampa Bay. Please folks, do not visit Florida this year. We're in serious trouble down here, and you will be putting yourself and family at risk. Governor is much more interested in bringing in tourist money to bolster economy than he is in health of Floridians. Disney and the beaches won't evaporate - they'll be right here waiting for you when all this is over. So unwise to travel anywhere at this time. Especially important to avoid those flying coffins. We can only pray that teens and young adults come to their senses. Here we are at the July 4th weekend and, instead of fireworks in the night sky, it feels like the Harry Potter Death Eaters are circling Florida. 

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3  Her name is Dr Simone Gold  

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@suzyQ3  Her name is Dr Simone Gold  

OMG, @germanshepherdlove, she is a political hack. Funny, when I tried to open her own organization site, I received a scam warning.

Google her name and then open the oaklandpress site to read about her and her cohorts. In the article, search for name. I can't post a link here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

We now know that up to 50% of the positives are false positives, they don't tell you if somone is actually sick or long over it, and the common cold can produce a positive.  There is NO test just targeted for this virus.  

Since it's the young primarily getting it, they're very unlikely to die.  In Italy, over 50% of the dead had three or more health issues, and they're the truly vulnerable.  One of the top children's hospitals in the world says to get kids back in school with no masks or social distancing as their death rate is nearly zero.  The regular flu can't claim that.

Bring on the herd immunity!

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I live here, have been teleworking since March 16, go out once a week for curb side grocery pick up and that is it.  I am scared to death and mad as can be at the selfish people who refuse to do the civil and responsible thing.  

Hubby and I are both high risk and due to retire in the fall.  This is not how we imagined or wanted to spend our time.  Am I being selfish for feeling this way?  Maybe but I don't care. 

These people that have no regard for other people are more selfish than I am OVER IT.

Great Job Florida for setting a record you had no business setting.

@Miss Pepsi  I agree. I’m angry, too. 

I was discussing the situation with a co-worker yesterday and she was so concerned and upset that she started to cry - she said she promised herself she wouldn’t do that.

She said that when she mentioned her concerns to HR, she was met with a blank stare as if she was nuts for suggesting we require masks at work, keep the office locked and allow employees only, go back to as many working from home as possible.

And that is just the work situation! People seem to think they can’t get the virus if they even believe it exists. The mindset is one I can’t comprehend. 

The masks don't work!  Read the box they come in.  Soooooo many sources are telling healthy people not to wear one, and with those that do, they touch the mask constantly. They also don't change them often enough. If you're sick, then you wear one, but even ABC had a doctor on that says the only mask that can do anything is an N95, and they have to be specially fitted to your face. She said it took three fittings for hers.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I just turned off the news because I couldn't take listening to the ER doctor talk about the Covid patients that they are seeing now in Florida. Patients are in their 20s and 30s.

He was describing how he has three ventilators and six patients who are under 30 who all desperately need one. And trying to make that decision, you can tell it is extremely stressful for all of them.  Also how much wear and tear on the body of having oxygen forced into it for weeks on end.  These medical workers are living angels.

I wish the folks who cry "hysteria" and roll their eyes at "covid" could do volunteer work in these hospitals.  

If they're young and that ill, then they have other medical conditions.  We also have treatments. This disease rarely kills the young.  BTW, I've been in a lot of medical facilities, and I couldn't find a doctor or nurse that said masks work.  

Hospitals aren't being overrun, and we have so many ventilators that we're giving them away to foreign countries.

Before someone jumps on me, my dad is in a facility with COVID.  He's vulnerable, I'm on the scale, and I still say the above.

Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

I just turned off the news because I couldn't take listening to the ER doctor talk about the Covid patients that they are seeing now in Florida. Patients are in their 20s and 30s.

He was describing how he has three ventilators and six patients who are under 30 who all desperately need one. And trying to make that decision, you can tell it is extremely stressful for all of them.  Also how much wear and tear on the body of having oxygen forced into it for weeks on end.  These medical workers are living angels.

I wish the folks who cry "hysteria" and roll their eyes at "covid" could do volunteer work in these hospitals.  

If they're young and that ill, then they have other medical conditions.  We also have treatments. This disease rarely kills the young.  BTW, I've been in a lot of medical facilities, and I couldn't find a doctor or nurse that said masks work.  

Hospitals aren't being overrun, and we have so many ventilators that we're giving them away to foreign countries.

Before someone jumps on me, my dad is in a facility with COVID.  He's vulnerable, I'm on the scale, and I still say the above.

You are 100% WRONG!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

Not true. Look at the case of Nick Cordero. Pretty fit guy with no (that we know of) underlying conditions and he's been fighting for his life in ICU for months. Now he may need a double lung transplant.