Honored Contributor

Re: Florida hit a new record today

@Vivian wrote:

On Saturday morning, my granddaughter, who just graduated from college (with no ceremony, of course) will be flying from Florida to California, where my daughter and son-in-law now live. She'll be changing flights in Denver. I am worried about her exposure to COVID-19, given that she has a serious pre-existing health condition. There have been so many errors, screw-ups, and denials, all of which have put us in the mess we're in today. I pray that Americans will do their best to prevent the spread of this terrible virus. So far we are not doing all that well.

@Vivian Have her wear double masks. Bring gloves. Bring wipes in a couple of baggies. Bring sanitizers. The bins used by airport security check are full of germs. This was shown in a recent study. Whatever goes through the bins, wipe with gloves on and then throw the gloves away. Replace gloves. 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE  .....  Please do not yell at me! Are you not in Texas? Isn't Texas increasing a lot also?

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

People coming down with the COVID-19 hit an a new high.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-florida-coronavirus-deaths-cases-thursday-july-2-202...

The link doesn't work for me. 

Honored Contributor

So much for the heat and humidity theory...

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter   They did finally give up on that and admit that was just wishful thinking. At no point did it seem like a possibility to me. This is a global pandemic and it was hitting everywhere regardless of the season. 

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I keep hoping that they find out some of the tests were in error!

The ones from Abbot have been shown to be unreliable, but they have been giving false negatives, not positives. Woman Mad

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-informs-public-a...

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/15/fda-says-abbotts-5-minute-covid-19-test-may-miss-infected-patien...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I keep hoping that they find out some of the tests were in error!

I keep hoping the scientists some find so quote and praise worthy, will actually come up with something more useful than they have so far...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@SharkE  .....  Please do not yell at me! Are you not in Texas? Isn't Texas increasing a lot also?

@Sheila P-Burg 

The last I heard, Houston was on a path to being the next Epicenter.

Followed by Dallas and Austin.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

And the sun.

That was popular for awhile.  The sun kills COVID!  Not to worry!  Go out in the sun!  Put your masks in the Sun!

Thud.

Honored Contributor

There's lots of positive news about vaccine development. Multiple promising candidates. We just have to hold on and lose as few people as possible, until one of those vaccines is proven safe and effective and gets into mass production. That is on its way right now.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr