Honored Contributor

Florida electric 'power tracker'...

[ Edited ]

For those that want to have a general idea of how the state is fairing by counties in FL and power outages, go to:

www dot fplmaps dot com

All the gray shaded counties you see now already have folks without power. Click on each county grayed area on the map and it will tell you how many customers total and how many of those are without power.

I thought this would especially be helpful for those with family and friends down in the state.

This storm is just beginning it's slow crawl across Florida. I would be surprised to see if anyone is lucky enough to still have power in the state of Flordia by the time the storm reaches GA and the Carolinas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Florida electric 'power tracker'...

Thank you very much!  My son lives in FL and at some point he will probably lose power.  This will be helpful.

Honored Contributor

@walker wrote:

Thank you very much!  My son lives in FL and at some point he will probably lose power.  This will be helpful.

@walker  It looks like they update the #'s in each county every hour, so refresh the link when you want to check Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As of 1am est, ALL of the Keys (Monroe County) is without power...and the storm is still about 80 miles away! At a speed of 6 mph, the storm is barely crawlng...

There just are no words...

Honored Contributor

It has been interesting watching the number of outages rise and where. Both coasts are losing power at about the same rate-%/over time due to the high wind extending out over the entire state.

Even with all the volunteer electric/power crews from across the country, hooking an entire state back up is going to be a monumental task. Folks will be without power for days, weeks and in some cases months...

It is so hard to wrap my mind around it all.

Honored Contributor

my cousin is in a condo in kissimmee.....she said it is raining hard and she has no power.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my cousin is in a condo in kissimmee.....she said it is raining hard and she has no power.

@sunshine45  Did she say when she lost power? I'm glad she was still able to communicate with you  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45  Did she say when she lost power? I'm glad she was still able to communicate with you  Smiley Happy

i did not ask her how long ago, although she did post about it an hour ago on facebook. yes, thank goodness for cell phones and tablets.....and portable chargers!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

i have another friend who lives in the florida keys. she is back here in maryland now with her mom due to the hurricane. of coure she is very worried about her friends and her home. she did post that there is a facebook page for key west called

Fl Keys ROLL CALL - Safe From Irma

where you can check for messages from your friends and family. there has been lots of video sharing also.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

https://www.fplmaps.com/ Very helpful for people not on Fl. too.Thanks @Susan Louise

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼