Respected Contributor

Re: Florida Is Number 1 State for Higher Education

@SahmIam  Schools like Cornell, Rochester, Harvey Mudd, Vanderbilt, MIT, Johns Hopkins pay ALL demonstrated needs.  Check those out.

Valued Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — New rankings released by U.S. News and World Report say Florida is the number one state in the nation for higher education.

The Sunshine State got the top ranking because of several factors, including the state's relatively low tuition rates for colleges and universities.

Florida also had a high ranking because more than half of students seeking a two-year degree graduated either on time or within three years.   Senate leaders want to boost spending on student financial aid and provide more money for college faculty."

Wonder where all the intellectual, wonderful people who operate the colleges and universities live?  

I have a doctorette. I got my BA and MA up North, but my doc here in Florida. My school was intense. We had to actually use libraries and couldn't google our work. We were in the actual classroom 20 hours a week. I just had to defend my training. But, I found the title laughable, because people just aren't that bright here. They are also saying a two year degree is higher education, so there is that.

@wildlifewitch, don't you mean your Doctorate?  

What are you the typo police?

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — New rankings released by U.S. News and World Report say Florida is the number one state in the nation for higher education.

The Sunshine State got the top ranking because of several factors, including the state's relatively low tuition rates for colleges and universities.

Florida also had a high ranking because more than half of students seeking a two-year degree graduated either on time or within three years.   Senate leaders want to boost spending on student financial aid and provide more money for college faculty."

Wonder where all the intellectual, wonderful people who operate the colleges and universities live?  

I have a doctorette. I got my BA and MA up North, but my doc here in Florida. My school was intense. We had to actually use libraries and couldn't google our work. We were in the actual classroom 20 hours a week. I just had to defend my training. But, I found the title laughable, because people just aren't that bright here. They are also saying a two year degree is higher education, so there is that.

@wildlifewitch

That wasn't a typo, but that's ok because it's a cute degree.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@wildlifewitch, well....No.  However, I think one should know how to spell the degree they attained.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@wildlifewitch, well....No.  However, I think one should know how to spell the degree they attained.

I agree. This site is notorious for typos, but I don't edit much either. There is a difference between a typo and not knowing how to spell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@Noel7  Check my addition to the last post, so you can see the list.  It is gravy to be had.

@KarenQVC, I looked for it and it appears to be a book you can purchase that can tell you what to do get a free ride.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

I agree. This site is notorious for typos, but I don't edit much either. There is a difference between a typo and not knowing how to spell.

Absolutely, which is why I defended you by saying it wasn't a typo Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@wildlifewitch, lol.  OK so this was tongue and cheek?  I get it.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

Very cute, but your condescension, not so much.
Honored Contributor

Well, I know there are a lot of colleges IN Florida...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...