Respected Contributor

Re: Florida Gov. we have no testing kits for COV-19

[ Edited ]

It's important for our states to take public health seriously as they are our first line of defense. They should have emergency preparedness protocols already in place and workers trained in implementing them. My nursing license renewal requirements are to pass a test in infection control procedures. I believe states should be focused on these public health issues instead of how the focus is on how it is affecting the stock market. People's well being is at stake. At this point, all anyone can do is practice good infection control methods as so little is known about Covid-19. The information we are getting should be compared to the information from Canada and other countries whose leaders in this situation have a background in science and health and are free to speak their findings.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Live in Nebraska and the city where the 1st, I think, 16 infected patients were sent. That is the Nebraska Medical Center. I would be more than surprised if there is a shortage in our state, more specifically, our city.

Don't know that for a fact, just thinking what would be logical considering this hospital is in our city.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article240761096.html

Per this article; Florida is doing their own testing which cuts time waiting to get results back from the Feds. 

My state is also doing their own testing - again saving time to get results back.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@lovescats wrote:
Claim: administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.
Claimed by: Multiple Sources
 True

Please list the "multiple sources" for the claim, so their evidence can be evaluated. 

copy paste and google or just highlight and google  do you actually think they might not has been fired?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Nope.

The global health unit disbanded because it longer received funding. Saying it’s purpose was fulfilled is the short-sighted thinking that believes we live in a bubble and something like this is never going to happen again. It forces CDC into a reactive position instead of being proactive and it was widely criticized in the epidemiology community, including the former head of CDC.

Proposed budget for 2021 included more cuts.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Everyone will believe what they want to believe. And everyone will declare their source is the right one. 

Just hope this can be resolved and stop with the mud slinging on all sides. 

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

it is time that we stop being penny wise and pound foolish. We get what we pay for. This is NOT a political issue but rather a public health problem. Our so-called leaders had better stop battling and move toward dealing with what may become a real crisis.