Frequent Contributor

Flame less candles with moving wicks

I saw a candle in a gift shop that had a moving wick that looked so real. The problem is it was 100.00. Can someone tell me if they have one and where they got them at a cheaper price. Thank you for your help
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flame less candles with moving wicks

Hi: Go to amazon d o t c o m (all departments) and type in "flameless candles with moving wicks"...... You'll see all different kinds. I have some of these but I bought them at my local Publix for about $4.99 for the large and $2.99 for the small ones. They are scented too. HTH

Here is the link:

Honored Contributor

I was in Costco today and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a display of a boxed collection but didn't check the price.

Honored Contributor

I saw a Luminara candle in a gift boutique last weekend. The flame wobbled back and forth. It was a taper in a brass Genie-lamp type of holder. Looked nice, but when I picked it up, it was faux brass (plastic). Was $35. Would've paid triple if it was real brass. Couldn't do it.

I need an alternative because we just got a kitten and the only place we can burn pillars now is on the mantle. I'm used to them all over the house....ugh.

Super Contributor

Not all of the moving wick candles are created equal.

Some of them especially the Luminaras look very real. There are some knock-offs out there that are much cheaper but they don't look as good.

The Luminaras are quite expensive. Weren't they sold here at one time?

Respected Contributor

Pottery Barn carries them and they're less than $100 but, still more than I'm willing to shell out for one.

Honored Contributor

Some of the Luminaras are back. We love the ones we have gotten.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

I am obsessed with these! Even my husband likes them! I bought my first one at BBB. It is a Luminaria and it is 8" tall, real wax, and I think it was $59. I want more!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I have bought 3 right here and they are some where between 35 and 48 dollars if I remember correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

This is a great site for all candles:

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**